What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ne. platychilla

• Thread starter mAdmAx
  • Start date
That would be Sp#7 from Malesiana then. Not sure I have a photo yet. I know Joel at NepenthesAroundTheHouse has a nice shot of a juvenile plant (probably listed in BobZ's website also). I did a double take to on the black nectar glands when I first saw them.
Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Borneo @ Aug. 15 2004,10:44)]Joachim, I got a shock in that the photo I posted seems to taken from that Japanaese website. It's been circulating for a while and was sent to me as an e-mail attachment. I hope the owener's permission was obtained for it's general use. I'll try and check.
Hi Rob,

I already thought you had started using Photoshop, but I was very surprised you did show a plant of one of your main competitiors...

Uwe Westphal from Plantarara made a similar bad experience when showing photos on his website he got by email and which were in fact stolen from other websites. He was accused of manipulating these photos for the use on his website at the CPUK-forum.

Cheers Joachim

Hi Joachim,

You're joking (I hope!) about the use of PhotoShop for photo-theft!  That modified photo was sent to me by a customer who wanted to know if we had the plant for sale.  He gave his permission for us to use the photo but now I've found out where he got it from I've taken it off the forum and am awaiting permission from the true owner to use it.

I have no problems with showing a photo of a plant from a competitor's nursery if the photo was taken by someone else and permission is given for us to use it.  Is this "competitor" actuallly selling this particular species?  I don't know.

P.S.
I just got permission to use the photo from the original owner, so it's back on.  Thank you for pointing it out Joachim, I might never have known otherwise.  It's possible to put on a digital copyright to photos but I believe it degrades the photo quality.

Back