What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. izumiae

Im considering ordering one, but I cant seem to find a lot of info on it, except that it is highland.

I totally love the look of it, but need to know more before getting it.

Anyone? Tony?
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks /Quensel

Been waiting on one but don't have it yet. Based on info I have read it's grows around N. singalana at 1800m + so typical highland conditions should be just fine.
Tony

Mhm... typical highland, I can do that... I think Ill take a gamble on this one and order one
smile.gif

Thanks Tony for the info!

/Quensel

Hi,

my very small seedling grows well in intermediate to highland conditions. I think, if you're able to grow the closely related N. bongso or N. carunculate well, N. izumiae should also grow well.

Cheers Joachim

I know this is an older post, but I thought it would be interesting to update this one instead of making a new one about the same topic. I have found that this plant does well in intermediate-highland conditions.

Here are some pictures of mine that I bought from Tony some time ago:

izumiaeplant.jpg

izumiaeplant2.jpg

izumiaeperistomecloseup.jpg

Phantom$20Plants$20005.jpg

Hi all:

I am not particularly convinced about the id of the plant, but again,someone can correct me please.
The N. izumiae should have a tear drop appendage between the lid and the mouth and there should be a protrusion in the middle of the pitcher.
it rather looks like a singalana

Gus

Does the below picture support the ID of N. izumiae? The picture is from a newly opened pitcher that has not colored up yet.

izumiaeteeth.jpg

I really like that one. It looks like my black dragon.

Pitcher picture update from the same N. izumiae plant I posted earlier in this thread. Try saying that ten times fast:

N_izumiae.jpg

yah know thats almost a dead ringer for my 'Black Dragon'.........though i wouldnt mind if it keeps on looking like that and gets truncata's size :D

Hi all,
I'm new
I really love N.Izumiae it have mystery black colour. I have a few question hope all help me.
Is N.Izumiae have 2 clone one is red one is black ?
upper picher will be black colour ?
Hope all will help me !
Regards,

Yea imma get one now. :D

very nice! I can't wait for mine to look like that.

Back