What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it ready to go outside?

Well, the little baby is growing up now...soon it will go to college *sniff*

DSCN7622.jpg

picher.jpg

I'd like to know if this plant could be grown out of its "growchamber". The humidity in the growchamber probably isn't all that different from the room itself...no condensation on the lid or anything.

Looks great Nflytrap! If there's any bulletproof nep, it's the x ventrata, so I think you'll be fine. Expect a slowdown for a while after you move it to new conditions, though. It looks like it's pretty robust, and growing nicely!

Capslock

Hi Capslock
I would'nt say its bullet proof as in the 2nd photo theres a hole in the pitcher
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now julian

I removed one of the panels(top is now half open)....not apparent effect...but then again he might be reacting slowly.

BTW, would you consider premature pitcher opening a sign of low humidity...I have gotten 2 of those and thats what I pinned em to(didn't keep track of watering or anything though).

I may remove it soon if it does well.

Hi all:

Unless you barbeque it, the ventrata should grow well outside. Its synonym is N. weedii. Keep in mind the basics of growing neps though.

Gus

I must have had the worst ventrata ever. It would not grow outside at all.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Well, I noticed sap on the peristrome of one of the pitchers, so I must be doing something right!

Adapted and is doing well apparently. No worse for wear. I wonder if the pitchers will turn red now...South facing window gives a lot of light!

Back