What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting advice wanted

As the outdoor temperature gets perfect for growing neps my only Nepenthes Alata grows at a very fast pace. I feel like it badly needs repotting. But as it gets bigger and bigger I feel more unsure about how I'm going to repot it. The problem is that I have multiple plants growing in 1 pot and I know the nep's stems are very fragile. How can I go about it?

your alata is probably a ventrata and those are bomb-proof. just plop it gently out of the pot, and put it into a new one. easy-peasy. you don't have to seperate the plants if you dont want to, but if they are connected then take a sharp, sterile knife and slice them apart. try to get some root with each baby. then if you have any on hand you can water it liberally with superthrive (one drop per cup). if the babies dont get roots with them, treat them as cuttings. i'd spray with a fungicide if you cut them.

Back