What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. campanulata in flower!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
my N. campanulata is sending up a flower stalk! it looks male, so i'm looking for a female of any species to send the pollen to. as payment, the owner of the female can keep 50% of the seed.

I have a bit of N. maxima pollen I could donate. It's not much, but then I've never collected pollen before and don't know how much there should be. Just say the word and I'll send it off.

Capslock

if it is a female, then i'd gladly like to cross it with maxima! i'll give you 50% of the seed as a stud fee hehe.

i'd rather cross it with something besides veitchii, since that cross is already in cultivation. i'd very must like to get an interesting cross in cultivation.

Sounds like a deal. (Kirk, the males have pollen.)

Of course, if someone has something better, go for it, otherwise it's a deal. Woohoo!

Capslock

I will have N. 'Holland Hybrid' pollen soon, though the maxima cross sounds more interesting. Anyone know what cross the Holland Hybrid is comprised from? If I had to guess, I would say tobaica x maxima as the flowers are two per stemlet, (pedicel? - whats the word?). Also have a Home Depot hybrid ready to bloom. Seems like almost all of my plants are male, with only 2 known females.

hmm, no females of any species or hybrid? everyday the scape gets bigger and bigger!

I believe phil faulisi has a few females in flower
smile.gif
might wanna contact him.

I have an alata flowering... looks like it MIGHT be female!

Lol. A N.x campalata might be a nice hybrid
smile.gif

haha, whatever john!

i'd really like to cross it with ventricosa to accentuate the waist, but i'd send the pollen to ANYONE with a female lowland nepenthes. if i have to cross with a highland, i will, but i'd preferre lowland.

most likely youll be able to send pollen to a few people... not just one
smile.gif

hopefully! but finding a harem of females will be hard work! i'm just hoping for one!

Pollen supposedly stores...I have no idea on how you do it, but I have read where people do store it.
Doesn't somebody have a Nepenthes mating site up somewhere(I think in Germany)?

Cheers,

Joe

The Nepenthes dating service is pinned in this forum.

Tony

Oh you mean that thing above this post that's titled?:

International pollen agency for nepenthes
Http://pollen.carnivoren.org

Yeah, that was what I was trying to say, lol.
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks, Tony!

Cheers,

Joe

ugh! no females in the us!

I have a female ventricosa. She just gave birth, but has several climbing stems so maybe she will bloom again. I know my guys seem to send up new flower stalks after the old ones are spent. (But then again, those are guys). I heard stressing them may cause them to bloom. What can I tell her to cause stress? "Your mother-in-law is coming to visit"

lol. iono whats up with all the camps blooming lately. maybe it has to do with the time of year?

i'm gonna find out how to store the pollen, and when your female flowers again PLEASE tell me because i'd like to cross it with ventricosa. you'd get to keep half the seed!

OK, she is getting more direct sun, so maybe that will entice her to bloom. I also thought about taking some cuttings as I heard that they will sometimes bloom after that, (plus I get more clones of her). Does anyone know how soon after setting seed a Nep can bloom again. I will post a pic of her in another thread.

Back