What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seriously p.o. ed

schloaty

Staff member
So there were some painters at the developement lately. They decided to throw their drop cloths right over my sars, which they could easily have moved. Broke a number of nice pitchers.

But that's not the really bad part....They knocked my N. ventricosa, which was going to go to the NECPS show with me (was looking PHAT), right off the deck. They even had the audacity to just toss the thing under the deck and leave it there. 6 or the 8 nice pitchers were smashed, and had to be trimmed off. No show for this plant this year. So much for months of good growing.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Well sorry to hear that, Dave.
I guess some people have no repect of anybody stuff.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

But hey, your ventricosa should should be good as new anytime soon.

May I vent here also?

I'm dog-sitting for my brother and his wife. They have two french bulldogs, one of them a puppy.

darn things went for the plants out of the blue while I was watching some TV. I ran in, and found my N. burkei x villosa totally destroyed. Also badly damaged, and maybe goners are BOTH of my N. reinwardtianas. Minor damage to the N. maxima x veitchii. All of these were rooted cuttings on my lowest shelf, so they were small plants, but ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Months and months of growing gone in a flash.

Capslock

Dave,
You should take up a suit against the company. I have worked for in construction a number of years and beleive me people win $$$ for workers destroying even just plants. I know of a case where a lady had prize winning roses that were totally destroyed by shingles thrown off the roof. She was able to prove the $$$ involved with the roses as well as prizes awarded etc... and she won a couple thousand for a single bush.

Joe

I feel for you dave it realy stinks when all your hard work and effort goes down the drain especially when it`s somebody elses fault:angry::angry::evil::evil:

Sorry to hear that man - I can sympathize!

The painters at my condo showed up outta the blue a few weeks ago and ripped down my giant Aristolochia gigantea off the trellis so they could paint behind it... I came home to find many unopened giant flowers (finally!) laying all over the yard below my patio. If they woulda sent a notice that painters were coming I'd have made arrangements to be home and paint the railing behind the plant myself, carefully. At least they left all my slipper orchids alone which are worth much more in monetary value than the Aristo and I would've had a real fit if they'd destroyed those!
I guess that's the hazard of not owning your own property and having plants outside.
smile_h_32.gif

As Jabberjaw once said, "No respect, no respect, whoo whoo whoo whooo!"

Sorry bout that man. I would've docked some pay for damages.

I feel for all of you, truly sorry.
Dogs like neps for some reason. When I got back from the 2000 ICPS conference, I was potting up some plants I bought. I had a N. fusca I had bought from Ch'ien Lee, and I looked down after potting it, and there was an empty pot! My beagle had snatched it like it was a sandwich that I had within reach.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Wow sneaky little bugger. My cats are the same way. If they don't eat it they have to knock it down. Cats just gotta knock stuff down. Sooo annoying. they make up for it with cuteness. :p

No worries people, i am getting my (Rajah X merrilliana X truncata) ready for the little puppies. I am sure the whole family of doggies would fit into these pitchers  

Gus  
smile_r_32.gif

So what is with these contractor's? You have to be born with something missing to not realize that people are going to object if you destroy their plants. Who cares, right...we gotta move those refidgerators, we gotta move those color TV's. Another good plant gone, a victim of cranialanalitis.

Sure, you can sue if you want to dedicate yourself to the hate. More often than not it isn't worth what you have to go through to get satisfaction.

Sorry to hear of your losses. I know how difficult it is to get these plants going well! Hey, if you need a caustic tongue to wag, send me the phone number of those responsible. I can pretend to be you and errr, become verbally inventive! >;-D

Oh, I don't plan to sue...not over a plant that most likely has a market value of $15....It was just the time and effort to get it looking great for the show. As most of you know, money is not the appeal of these plants.

I just needed to vent a little (ironic I had to vent over my VENTricosa...lol). I still plan on calling the company and logging a complaint, not so I can benefit, but so maybe the next unsuspecting home owner won't experience the same thing.

At least my aristolochioides and fusca still look awesome!

If you can get them to give you compensation, the plant won't be ready for the show still, but even $15 can add another beauty to the collection.
smile_m_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

No worries people, i am getting my (Rajah X merrilliana X truncata) ready for the little puppies. I am sure the whole family of doggies would fit into these pitchers

Gus,

Do you have a pic of this one?
smile.gif

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and you have N. argentii!!!!

Yes, though I don't know how exciting that will be for the general public. I suppose I could bring it to make the other rabid cp-ers jealous...

Hi David
Sorry about your plants man there are some dead heads about thats for sure.It sounds like an after hours visit to the company to me >;-D

Bye for now julian

Back