What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spec 7

• Thread starter rlhirst
  • Start date
Ok last pic. Spec 7
spec7.jpg

Robin

Nice color Robin. You must give it more light than I give mine.

That is now listed as N. glandulifera. Gotta love all them black glands all over the plant!
Tony

Thanks Tony,
Glandulifera.. Hmm wonder whythey named it that?
smile_l_32.gif

I measured the light they are under for you, and it's about 350-400fc ...
Here is another ok pic showing the glands producing even at this small size...
spec-7.jpg

Should be interesting to watch grow!
Robin

Last pic? Is that some kind of cruel joke? We want more!!!

Hi all:

Nice pic rlhirst, if i am not mistaken, i see several glands underneath the lid. This species may need a lot of food because why mother nature would bother to make it produce so many glands (to attract prey, perhaps??)

A couple of glands is not enough then?

Hi Robin
Yes that is nice, Great colouring.What sort of size do they get to when the plant is mature?
Bye for now julian

Hi Julian,

I have seen a picture of a full grown one from borneo exotics I beleive. I'm not sure if it's ok to post someone elses pictures here, so I'm not going to, but The pitcher is very dark red and about 8" tall. Looks completely different than the young pitcher. Perhaps the gentleman that took the pictures at borneo exotics could tell us more?
Robin

Very nice! Wow those are some hairy leaves and pitchers! I thought my N.fusca sarawak was pubescent.....

Back