What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy crapa jaw!

lol

BANNED
Can ya believe how surprised I was to find that my N. eustachya had a halfway developed flower stock today. It must've opened at the beginning of the week. I do believe it is a male. So, first of all, how do I preserve the pollen, and who wants to make hybrids?
smile_m_32.gif

What I did with my N. fusca pollen was clip off the individual flowers after the pollen sacks split open fully. I let them dry overnight on a sheet of paper and then bag them up on some tiny ziplock baggies label em and put em in the freezer. You can get small 1" x 2" clear plastic baggies at Walmart in the craft section for like $2 for 100 baggies.

I haven't used any of the fusca pollen so I don't know if it'sretained it's viability or not, I sent some out earlier this summer but it wasn't frozen just sent straight from the plant pretty much.

What form of N. eustachya have you got? I have the red x white form which is about 4 feet tall now with a big basal shoot but no dang flowers yet!
smile_h_32.gif

It's the dark, purple leafed form. It's less than 2' long vine though. I was completely surprised to see it flowering in the corner of my grow chamber.

Back