What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cultivation of ne. spec nov. sumatra

Hi there,

what are the cultivation conditions of this new species? Following the photos of Wistuba the plant lives in mossy areas with shade and high humidity. Does anyone of you have experience with this plant?

Cheers,
Max

That is really cool, thanks. Sometimes I don't take the time to got to those pages, and it's nice to see a highlight.
I think you really get a good look at the evolutionary benefit of long tendrils here. Having them reach the ground is less stressful on the stem and also allows better access to ground prey.

Cheers,

Joe

This plant looks a lot like N. paniculata to me, but we won't know until Andreas publishes his description. Looking at where it comes from and it seems to be related to inermis and jacquelineae, it should grow in similar conditions. Most of those Sumatran highland species grow in similar conditions.

Your're right SydneyNeps.
So the day temperature should be 24-26°C and night temperature 13-16°C with high humidity.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Having them reach the ground is less stressful on the stem and also allows better access to ground prey.
This is an interesting aspect!! I have never thought about it!

Have a nice day!
Cheers,
Max

Hi there,

today I got my Ne. sepc. nov. Sumatra I. Its a little seedling with a diameter of 3cm. Really sweat
smile.gif
Let's see how the plant looks like in 6 months.

Cheers,
Max

Back