What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aristolochioides madness!

Wow great looking plants and the sickener is that you can grow most in the open.The set up's not looking bad either
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yah know you guys really need to quit posting pics. im running out of room and my "must have list" is getting lonnnnnnnnnger and loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

same here!!!!!! LOL!!! I see pics posted and I want everything
smile.gif

Whoops, forgot to answer Peter and Christian.

Peter, the lights are Fluorex compact fluorescent fixtures, which I get at the local Home Depot. They are really cheap, and grow neps great!

Christian, here's a pic of the thorelli x aristo. First, an upper:
N_thorelli_x_aristolochioides6.sized.jpg

And here's a lower:
N_thorelli_x_aristolochioides4.sized.jpg

And as a bonus for wading through all this, here's a mystery aristo hybrid. Any guesses?
cheater.sized.jpg

Capslock

Ohhh can`t wait till I have one in my grubby paws! You realy like aristos and there progany eh?
confused.gif
The hybrid might be aristo x tentaculata?

nice pics Caps! great growing chamber!
curious....whats your humidity read in your open settup there?
Thanks,
Robin

Where it is now averages a range of 60-85% most of the year. The next couple months are the trickiest, since we get spells of warm, dry weather in September/October where it can go down to 40% in here, and even less outdoors. But that's usually only for a few hours, and it cools down at night. I can keep the heat of the day out during these stretches, so it never gets over 80 in my house. Once the rains come I'm back in business, humidity-wise. It's fog in summer and rain in winter here, with sunnier springs and falls.

Good guess, noah, but nope.

Capslock

thanks Caps.
I'm over here in vallejo envy-ing your humidity!
I'm gonna guess aristo x lavicola?
smile_n_32.gif

Robin

Is it a plant related to tentaculata?

I'll help you guys out. The only aristo hybrids on the market at them moment that I'm aware of are: x thorelii, x ventricosa, x maxima, x tiveyi, x truncata.

artisto x truncata? (i see heart shaped leaves there)

Spec beat me to it! It's aristo x truncata!
smile.gif

Spec got it, but Sydney gave a BIG hint!
smile_m_32.gif

Capslock

Any more pics of aristo x venricosa?! I love the plant and really want one, but like I said before, when I inquired to Tony he said the last one had just sold. And of course a few days later there was a post about your new aristo x ventricosa...
smile_n_32.gif

LOL! Sorry about that lithopsman! I'm sure he'll get more soon as it's a fantastic plant! I'll keep posting photos as the situation warrants. I've posted a couple of them so far. You can browse my photos here:
My CP photos

Capslock

Hehe. I hope so! Very nice pics, I always love seeing pics of others' plants! Fortunately, I did get my hands on aristo x thorelli!!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Currently alot of these new hybrids are in small supply and once they are gone it will be a while before someone remakes the cross or cuttings become available.

I would expect that you will see more of these neat hybrids in increasing numbers (and lower costs) as more and more growers have plants reach blooming size.

T

Exactly what I figured, and since the Nep boom started around 5-7 years ago, makes perfect since!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 21 2004,12:31)]And as a bonus for wading through all this, here's a mystery aristo hybrid. Any guesses?
cheater.sized.jpg

Capslock
umm. hamata x aristo?

LOL kirk, it's aristo x truncata. Capslock already answered!  
smile_n_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif

EDIT: While I'm at it, here is a pic of aristo x thorelli... Not the best pic I have(but it was already uploaded), and it's a few months old, but just to give an idea of a different plant...

aristo%20thorelli%20header.jpg

Hmmm. I thought I was seeing tenticulata as I was judge from it`s simularity to predator but aperantley it was the truncata. Lol bad guess I guess Hmmm. that sounded weird:;):

Back