What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring flowers

Looks like a pumper season....I can now add a male N. alata ("striped" according to the Mansells) to the 'now flowering' list.

Actually, there is no flower to see just (still furled up in the leaf) but it's on the way in the next week or so.

Aaron.

Congrats on the alata flowering Aaron! I hope you get lots of seeds and they sprout,grow into HUGE beutiful plants and grow to produce there own seed:)

I guess you could make an "alatricosa" heheh.

I would either purebreed or try an -interesting- cross

Update:

Here's the female N. ventricosa.  

NVentFlowerPlant.jpg

The flower stalk has grown to about 40cm.  

You can also see some N. rafflesiana pitchers at the top, a more red form of N. ventricosa, N. maxima and pitcherless N. raff 'Singapore Giant' cutting (in the large green pot) at the back, and another female N. ventricosa on the right that is about to produce a flower.

Here's the flower:

NVentFlowerClose.jpg

The N. albomarginata x veitchii flower is coming along nicely, but the N. alata is still just threatening.  I thought the flower would appear when the latest leaf unfurled, but it looks as though it's still inside another unfurled leaf.

Aaron.

ANOTHER female n. ventricosa is going to flower? wow that's great! now you can make MORE whatever you're going to do! :p

Back