What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrids you would like to see!

I was just curious what cool hybrids all you ppl have in your heads?
I know I spend some time trying to think out some nep hybrids that would be lethal
smile.gif

Here are some of the stuff ive come up with so far:
N. Hamata x Villosa (teeeth)
N. Aristolochioides x Inermis (opposites attract, could flip out totally)
N. Jaquelinae x Rajah. I have more, but post yours
smile.gif

/Quensel

well since they are in my future..
rokko x campanulata
northiana x campanulata
and maybe, if we can get things worked out, ventricosa x campanulata

What was the one from Little Shop Of Horrors? Audrey 2 - Butterwort & VFT. Yeah, I'd like to see that hybrid.
smile_m_32.gif

a sticky plant the bites.. i'll let you grow that one bud
smile.gif

but a vft and a nep. that would be cool! the lid could snap shut whenever something goes it.

ROFL! Just think of all those people in junior high and high school that were mean.... Audrey 2 can be your own, personal mercenary!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Aristolochioides x hamata
Aristo x bongso
Aristo x talangensis!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

JustLikeAPill, things are worked out... N.ventricosa X campanulata does exist. But I haven't got a picture to show yet...I just cut away its pitcher, it looks like campanulata.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ventricosa x campanulata

JLAP,
I just did the opposite, and pollinated a flower on my camp with vent pollen from Jeremiah.

For me, I'd love to see (rajah x truncata) x (northiana x merriliana). That would make for some BIG OL' PITCHERS!

I have to agree with David there.
Truncata x Rajah Merriliana x Northiana or any pairing of the above would be cool.maybe a cross with Dyeriana aswell??

Bye for now julian

Aristo x hamata? Couldn't you end up with a pitcher with a tiny opening and huge teeth blocking it so nothing could get in...?

smile_n_32.gif

How about working in some color combos in there?
I have always wanted to see N. aristolochiodes x N. ramispina.

Cheers,

Joe

N Lowii x Raff var nivea elongata maybe..
confused.gif

/Quensel

I would like to see:
hamata or edwardsiana x inermis
hamata or edwardsiana x jaquelineae
(platychila x echinostoma) x (hamata x edwardsiana) imagine the peristome!
hamata x bicalcarata (teeth lined peristome with 2 huge fangs on top) Could be named Nepenthes Nosferatu!

Phil

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Could be named Nepenthes Nosferatu!
LMAO! Good one, Phil. Too bad the bical fang trait doesn usually come through in it's hybrids. That would indeed be very cool.

How about pillosa x inermis or eymae (should get a nice champagne flute).

Hi,

I'm not a big fan of hybrids, although I have to admit there are some really nice ones out there. One that I would like to see is N. clipeata x N. truncata (maybe the hairy highland form). Both have wide leaves and tall pitchers. Possibly it would be quite large from the truncata heritage and hairy. Since both species have similar traits these would hopefully be accentuated.

Regards,

Christer

Veitchii x jaqueleniae

Ampuillaria x aristolochioides

Aristolochioides x Inermis >;-D
smile_k_ani_32.gif

rajah x veitchii x northiana x maxima x merriliana x ovata x burbidgea x rafflesiana giant x truncata highland x macrophylla
this hybrid would probably be really hard to make.
I also want to see talangensis x veitchii.

I`d like to see N.(raffsesiana giant red form x hamata) x (x predator) I think that would be a nice vigorous hybrid that gets big and with big teeth! Of course with hybrids you`ll never know.

drosera capensis x N. bicalcarata x dioneia red dragon

my idea would look somthing like a nep with tenticles coming out of the pitchers sides, long ones like the capensis. they can either eat insects thru there, or the nep can eat like birds and stuff thru the pitcher, since it will have more than 2 fangs, and the flap will close, with strenth, stab the victem and it will die, and fall right in the picher, it will close and eat it!...did i give a good visual?

Back