What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You'll hate me for this

For all of you who have slaved over getting your N.sibuyanensis to pitcher in PERFECT highland conditions.
My new plant from the nepenthes nursery is in the process of forming a trap, several weeks after experiencing the shock being transplanted. Heres the icing on the cake. It's growing in intermediate conditions!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
There is only a 10 degree drop at night from 75-65. I think the trick is growing it in deep shade. It grows under a huge leaf from a larger nep in my terrerium.

Hate you? Uh no....more like congratulate you for getting your plant to pitcher in conditions you can provide for it. As for the deep shade deal.....not really quite sure on that.....the pitchers do like to form in shade, although I'm not sure the plant really appreaciates the light levels the pitchers from well in!

So should we tuck the pitchers under the leaves...
biggrin.gif

I've got two sibuy's (Wistuba) and both of them pitcher well under intermediate conditions in pure LFS.

nsibuy.JPG

/Smed

Hi Smed!
Yay another Swede, Im not alone anymore!!
Welcome to the forums
smile.gif

Nice plant too, congrats to both of you
smile.gif

/Quensel

Yes congrats to both of you,I haven`t yet tryed this plant but have heard horror storys from matti among others.... Btw.Nice pic.

smile.gif
here is another swede.... my sibuyensis did well in when I tried it in my lowland tank! Aparently borneo exotics have gotten good results from this species in both their highland and lowland nurseries.

Bjarne

Back