What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, it has been awhile since I've been here but yeah, I recently traded off a large quanity of my personal collection, and well, this is what I have left.

TJHnepentheslot001.jpg

Nepenthes Mikei (bought from Tony)
Nepenthes Ampullaria 'Tayeve'
Heliamphora Minor
Nepenthes Truncata "Red Trim"
Nepenthes Rafflesiana "Speckled"
(from top left, clockwise)

TJHnepentheslot002.jpg

Nepenthes x 'Judith Finn' (from seed)
Nepenthes Ventricosa "Red Form"
Nepenthes Truncata "Red Trim" (partial picture)
(from top left, clockwise)

TJHwatertraylot003.jpg

Drosera Adelae (from seed)
Cephalotus Follicularis (from seed, only ceph. left ::sad face::)
Drosera Spathulata (from seed)
(from left to right)

I know, not much to look at in comparison to those who have prize-winning sized Nepenthes, but I love them and a lot of them have taken years to get where they are since I prefer from seed growth over any propagation and well the others that don't say where they were bought or from seed, they were bought as juveniles from little stores. Some were rescues while others were just the apple of my eye.

I traded off the following.

Nepenthes Sanguinea "Red" (total of six plants, all from seed.)
Nepenthes Ventricosa "Red Form" (from seed pot of juveniles.)
Nepenthes Spectabilis x Veitchii (bought from tony)
Cephalotus Follicularis (nine plants from seed. one adult.)

Yeah, I just wanted to post pictures of my plants since I got this camera from Kirk(whom I sent most of my plants off to). Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Nice pictures. Might want to resize them a bit though before uploading to the web. Kinda slow to download on my ole dialup.

N. truncata 'red trim' never heard of that or seen it for sale anywhere.

Tony

Yeah, I was going to do resize but the pictures didn't seem to capture the beauty of the plants in the regular sized pictures and when resized on photoshop, it didn't go as well as planned.

Nepenthes Truncata 'Red Trim' is odd in my opinion, that was what it was labelled as at a Nepenthes show in Bowling Green, VA. It's leaves usually have a red trim around it along with the stem of the leaf. The pitchers carry a reddish neck near the top, but nothing really different from a regular Truncata.

It's incredibly slow growing, even more slow than regular and frankly, I don't think the red trim is worth it but it's come far in the last year.

Thanks on the nice picture comment. My most prized plants were bought from you.

Heliamphora Minor with lowland neps?! Or it is just for the picture?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Cool...

Whee!!!!
smile.gif
I'm saving up for Heliamphora Minor!

I notice some white patches on these plants: is this light reflection on water resting on the leaves? If this is a cottony like substance you need to be concerned about mealy bug. I hope that I am not being an alarmist here, but the white looks an awful lot like mealy. Hopefully is is just a trick of the light, but I though a "head's up" is in order...just in case.

Back