What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do large truncatas really eat?: real mice

that is the most awsome thing I've seen a truncata do in a long time. And for those that think its cruel, theres a thing called the food web. Anything that is capable to eat a rodent like that is well deserving of that meal. Man I can't wait until my Trncata can manage such feats as to digest a mouse.

I've learnd that my small baby trucata (4-5") has bullet proof. I can stuff so many insects in the pitcher and it won't even turn rown let alone rot. It is my only nepenthes that I can seemingly "overfeed" and it only benefits the plant rather then just rotting like say my miribilis or something. Its truely an amazing nepenthes. Its no wonder they are so popular. I bet after a meal such as that mouse that plant is going to have a huge growth spurt.

May I ask if you have a picture of the entire plant?

That pic is cooler then cool... It's ice cold. I wonder if my x miranda could eat a mouse...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS Geoff! I hope you like it here:) They are a very nice bunch here so I`m sure you will:)

Thanks all for the welcome.
I will share some photos etc. soon as I get a chance to work out how.

Geoff

Just curious Nick, but how would you rate Ventrata pitchers? In my limited experience, they seem pretty sturdy, but I feed them shrimp pellets and the occasional caterpillar or other bug too big for the VFT's

OH, glad you joined the forums:D ! I'm sure you'll like it. I'm that guy that's always tryin to order from you, but It's all so frustrating, I usually quit. Cant wait to see some photos, cough-trusmadiensis-cough, hint hint.

looks like someone used a bit too much superthrive
smile_n_32.gif

Back