What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crude photo of young n. pilosa pitcher

Hello. I would just like to show off a crude photo of my young (very young) N. pilosa that I received a while ago:
N.pilosa.jpg

This is the first pitcher that it has produced while in my care. It had 2 other pitchers when i got it. I guess I am pretty excited about it. You can't see it in the blurry photo, but it is covered in hairs.

Just so that coming to this post was not a complete wast of time, here are some others:

N.coccinea.jpg

N. xcoccinea. I like its peristome and it has a nice lid too. The pitchers are getting bulkyer and more wine red as each one is produced. I currently keep this lowlander in my highland tank, but it seems to do fine there.

P.ehlersea.jpg

I guess I'm not a complete failure at pings. These are cuttings of my P. ehlersae that actually sprouted.

S.seedlings.jpg

A few sarr hybrid seedlings. I ran out of pots when I was reppotting these, so i have 3 distinct groups in one pot. I made sure that I can identify them later on with marks on the pots and a map on a piece of paper. For some reason, I find that my sarr seedlings are prone to fungus. Most of the time they dont die, but it's pretty darn close.

Hope you enjoyed them
biggrin.gif
. A few other pictures comeing in the next few weeks, as soon as my burbidgea opens a swelling pitcher that is almost done ;) . Zongyi

Very nice! I realy like that hookerana

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Oct. 05 2004,10:47)]Very nice! I realy like that hookerana
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif

I don't see a hookeriana? is it not loading?
I see the pilosa and the coccinea and other non nep cps...

thanks for the replys
biggrin.gif
. i think pond boy is talking about the N. xcoccinea, since there is some resemblence. Zongyi

OOOPS sorry I messed up. Well a cocci is a hooker crossed with a mirablis:p

Oh, Pond boy, to be technical N. coccinea is actualy a hybrid of mirabilis x (rafflesiana x ampullaria). N. hookeriana being a hybrid N. rafflesiana x N. ampullaria it can be said that cocciena has hookeriana in it...

Back