What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good recovery

Hi
Earlier this year I posted a topic on my sicky N. veitchii x lowii.
It looked like that them:

N.%20veitchii%20x%20lowii.jpg

Now after a repot, trim and relocating to a harsher part of my greenhouse
smile_k_ani_32.gif
it looks like this.
smile.gif

veitchii%20x%20lowii.jpg

This pitcher is actually the brown pitcher tip at the top of the previous photo. The next new leaf is far bigger and developing nicely. My motto "Never say die" has worked again!!
smilie4.gif

cheers

bill

Very nice Bill,

I remember the picture, but what was concluded to be the problem back when you first posted?

Aaron.

Thats a great recovery. Did you use any growth enhancers? Also you need to post a picture of the entire plant, that would be awesome.... LOL
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

?WOW! Great recovery! It was thought that his plant had a viral infection. Personally I was leaning toward nitrogen deficency a bit. Did it turn out to be a root rot problem?

I think repotting the plant helped a lot, it had some but not many roots. But I think the increased light level and more open surroundings produced the biggest boost to the plant.

I tend to grow most of my Neps under harder conditions now, and most repond with better growth than before.

I will post another photo when the next pitcher opens.

cheers

bill

Deffinately some sort of mineral defficiency/defficiencies.

Repotting apparently has helped. Has the plant been able to catch more food in it's new location?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Oct. 07 2004,8:58)]Deffinately some sort of mineral defficiency/defficiencies.  

Repotting apparently has helped.  Has the plant been able to catch more food in it's new location?
Yes it should be able to catch a few more passing insects. But it was the compost change coupled with increased light that did the trick I think.

cheers

bill

Back