What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First succesful cutting rootings!

Just to let you know I took 2 cuttings from my N.ventricosa and N.sanguinea,because of them being so bad looking and thinking the roots might have rotted because of parents over watering. about 3 weeks ago and they both rooted!
smile.gif

I just stuck them in a 2in pot of moist lfs and into a ziplock baggy and off they went:)

Wow, 3 weeks? I'm still waiting for my super tiny spathulata cuttings to root it's been like over a couple of months... Then a few weeks ago I started some maxima x bongso and stenophylla cuttings. Any way I'm trying some cuttings with rooting hormones in vermiculite for some reason all the leaves on them dried or turn black in a hurry... I don't suppose this is suppose to happen? Well atleast I still have some in plain water that are looking good. I can't wait till they get rooted I'm over saturated with stenophyllas... 15+ =P

Lol. No that `aint sposed ta happen(how would that be spelled out?) This was my first try too,and I didn`t use any hormones
smile_m_32.gif

Yeah this is the last time I'm going to use it. I had good luck with just water on my first try with my large spat. Tho it still took awhile to root.

I had many successes with cuttings and I never used any rooting hormones. I just wrapped it with spaghnum moss and gave it high humidty and low light.

Congrats PB! Great feeling, that first success, isn't it? You'll be churning out rooted cuttings in no time...
smile_m_32.gif

LOW light? holy cow... that goes against all my instincts.

Back