What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My "monster" n. ventricosa cutting

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
About a year ago I was transplanting some of my ventricosas into deeper pots. One of them had a small basal shoot that was going to be buried several inches so I decided to cut it off and on a whim tried to root it.

This was the cutting then
28385287-3eca-01C201BE-.jpg

and this is the cutting today
40545520-7148-01E20200-.jpg

The point is, don't give up on a cutting without at least trying to see if it will take. You never know, these crazy plants fool the best of us.

Do the plants really catch anything at all with those small pitchers by the way?
They seems kinda pointless to me...
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phyrex @ Oct. 10 2004,9:07)]Do the plants really catch anything at all with those small pitchers by the way?
They seems kinda pointless to me...  
confused.gif
They've gotta start somewhere.

sure they do. they catch tiny arthropods and stuff. you should see life through a microscope... it's awsome. a world of things you've never even imagined. rotifers, ciliates, hydra, daphnia, ostrocods, mites, springtails, diatoms, desimids, cyanobacteria,
aaaaahhhh.... the wonders of nature
biggrin.gif

Good growing, Steve!

Nice mini nep you have there.Lol
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Thats cool! It was so tiny and now is a nice what looks like a 2 year or so seedling. Congrats! I have also grown a vft from one of the little bumps that grows off of the leaf cuttings,and it grew into a nice plantlet.:)

Back