What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally -  i´ve got a new camera

Hello everyone,

since I´ve got myself a nice camera recently, I thought it might be cool to share some pictures with you. Here you go:

N. aristolochioides x singalana; pitcher size: 4cm
N. aristolochioides x singalana 041014 Terraforums.jpg

N. macrophylla; pitcher size 6,5cm
N. macrophylla Terraforums.jpg

N. inermis; pitcher size: 6cm
N. inermis 041014 Terraforums.jpg

N. singalana: pitcher size: 6cm
N.singalana 041014 Terraforums.jpg

Cheers,

Stefan

PS: Since it´s the first time for me to upload some pics, I wonder if the picture size is fine?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]PS: Since it´s the first time for me to upload some pics, I wonder if the picture size is fine?

Sure, nice photos and healthy looking plants!

Hello

Wonderful photos may I ask who you go the N. macrophylla from?

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah,

thanks for your kind words. I´ve got it from the German nursery Carow & Wrono (I guess it´s ok to post information like this as long it doesn´t come with an URL?)

Best,

Stefan

Very nice pictures. Plants look very nice.
What camera are you using?

It's ok to mention since it is an overseas nursery.

Pixel dimension is fine. Guessing you have the resolution turned up to maximum when saving the jpeg file? ie file size is larger than I would have expected (180k-240k). So a little slow to download but not horrible.

Tony

Thanks, I´m using a Konica Minolta DiMage G600.
G600 Quick Review

You´re right, I could have reduced the file size...

I took the pictures with maximal resolution (6 Megapixel). The orginial file size is about 2,5 MB.

Very nice pictures! Your inermis looks like it's starting to turn from lowers to uppers....I can't wait for the uppers, myself. They were why I bought the plant!

@schloaty: well, that´d be a bit early, I think. The whole plant is not higher than 20-25cm...or is it common for N. inermis to develop upper pitchers that soon?

About a year ago, I had _two_ inermis clones, but stupid me traded one of them for a nice glabrata, which died 1 week after I got it (started to turn black from the top and died within 2 days - I´ve never seen anything like it...)
mad.gif

Looks great!

I was thinking of getting the Dimage Z3... But what a hole that would put in my pocket!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Stefan,
Very nice Sir! Great macrophylla Pic!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
 Your going to have to post more pics of that plant
smile_m_32.gif
 What conditions do you grow it in?
Thanks,
Robin

ps.If you have access to photoshop I can help you with your pics. you can pm me on that if you like.

Thanks,

I grow it in my basement. Very cool temperatures and lots of light. Humidity; 70-100%. I´ll post some other pics of the plant the other day...
smile.gif

Cheers,

Stefan

Very nice! I too am particularily fond of that macrophylla!
smile.gif

Hi Stefan
Nice photos of some great looking plants.

Bye for now Julian

Back