What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indoor/outdoor personal collection

Well, my plants have grown and my terrarium has been rearranged.

The new pitcher of my N. x 'Judith Finn'
TJHnepenthesjudithnp001.jpg

The newest pitcher of my N. Ampullaria 'Tayeve'
TJHnepenthestayevenp001.jpg

A pitcher of my N. Mikei
TJHnepenthesmikeinp001.jpg

Now, for the terrarium above-view pictures.

Top Left Corner of Terrarium
TJHterrariumtopleft001.jpg

(N. x 'Judith Finn' in corner, Heliamphora Minor to right[cut-off in pic], N. Ampullaria 'Tayeve' below N. x 'Judith Finn', N. Rafflesiana lower right corner of caption)

Lower Left of Terrarium
TJHterrariumbottomleft001.jpg

(N. Rafflesiana [full caption of partial in previous picture], N. Mikei upper right of that[cut-off in pic])

Upper Center of Terrarium
TJHterrariumtopcenter001.jpg

(Heliamphora Minor to the left, N. Mikei lower right of that and to it's upper right Drosera Adelae clump)

Bottom Center of Terrarium
TJHterrariumbottomcenter001.jpg

(N. Mikei [cut-off in caption] to the left and to it's right is N. Ventricosa "Red Form" [cut-off in caption, as well] and below both towards the center would be N. Truncata "Red Trimmed" [pitcher is below the largest leaf])

Upper Right of Terrarium
TJHterrariumtopright001.jpg

(Cephalotus Follicularis seed grown to the left, Drosera Spatulata clump flowering to it's right and down below would be N. Ventricosa "Red Form" [cut-off in caption])

Lower Right of Terrarium
TJHterrariumbottomright001.jpg

(N. Ventricosa "Red Form" and to it's lower left is N. Truncata "Red Trimmed" [cut-off in caption])

Yeah, that is my terrarium.  20 Gallon Long tank about to upgraded to a 33 Gallon Breeder tank which has all the dimensions of a 55 Gallon tank but without the excess height, allowing light levels to be closer to the plants.  I am using 80watts about to be upgraded two fold and that should send coloration all over the plants.

I built onto the back and sides of the terrarium a reflector set-up and use a removeable front that is also reflective to abuse the little light I have into a reflective frenzy.

The lid is screened but has seram-wrap attached to it to assert humidity into the micro environment.  There are several methods I use to allow ventilation without disturbing humidity levels intensely so that fungi or mold do not occur. They were just misted, so that is condensation, not any sort of damage to the plant(the droplets or gleams of light on the leaves).

Down below will be my personal rescue collection of a S. Purpurpea of some sort that I cannot classify if I tried. Possibly venosa...possibly.

Front view of Purp Pot.
TJHpurpurpeapot002a.jpg

Above view of Purp Pot.
TJHpurpurpeapot002b.jpg

Close-up of pitcher of the plant
TJHpurpurpeapot001c.jpg

Fly trapped within waterless new pitcher.
TJHpurpurpea001food.jpg

Yeah, my camera work isn't the best but well, I wanted to display my personal collection to everyone even though it's not even close to par with anyone. Oh well. I hope you enjoyed anyway. Also, sorry for the oversized pictures, it's the only way they would come out any sort of decent.

Need to learn how to resize and compress.
smile_m_32.gif

i know how to, but it just didn't come out right.

i'll try a new method and see what happens.

Good stuff, leafedwells! Your plants seem happy and healthy.

Capslock

Nice collection! That raf is really loaded with pitchers. Wish I could get mine to get that many pitchers on it..

Thanks to all the compliments.

Yeah, my Nepenthes Rafflesiana is seed grown just does amazing, the pitchers rarely ever die on it. I've never had a Nepenthes that didn't put out a pitcher on every leaf though, some are just more proned to dying off fast.

I just ordered a Nepenthes Lowii (Trus Madi) and a Nepenthes Hamata so I will have pictures of them added to my terrarium collection soon! Thanks Tony for such an awesome selection, I couldn't my mind up between a N. Mulensis, N. Ephippiata & N. Macfarlanei when it came to making my second choice which ended up to be a N. Hamata. Odd how my priorities for a N. Lowii over a N. Hamata. But I got them both so it's okay!

I forgot to mention, in the Bottom Left of the Terrarium caption in the N. Ampullaria 'Tayeve' pot is a tiny lowii plant Kirk sent me, who also just ordered a N. Hamata.

Well, I'm sure me and him will be posting pictures.
biggrin.gif

Yept your plants are looking good.

Bye for now Julian

Thanks, keep the comments coming.

Due to my awesome ability to resize 190830980927 photos in a little over ten minutes, I will be posting pictures more often. Oh man, I can't wait to get my Lowii and Hamata.

Back