What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New additions to collection.

Well,

They came today and they are definitely good plants and hopefully will grow to be larger ones.  Thanks Tony.

Nepenthes Hamata
TJHnepentheshamata.jpg

Nepenthes Lowii
TJHnepentheslowii.jpg

Above-view of Left part of Terrarium
TJHaboveterrariumleft001.jpg

Above-view of Center part of Terrarium
TJHaboveterrariumcenter001.jpg

Above-view of Right part of Terrarium
TJHaboveterrariumright001.jpg

The Lowii still has some serious tendril swells and good potential. The Nepenthes Hamata may be a smaller plant, the pitchers are about the same size of the leaf's span, which is good.

Thanks Tony.

my hamata came today as well Im in love with it I immediatly cleared a sarra to make space for it, its my favorite plant, and Im entering it in the "outstanding plant award" at the ccps meeting we all know jeremiahs plants will beat mine, but im going for second
smile.gif
great pics lwow

Do I see N. Ampullaria and N. Raffelsiana with the Hamata and Lowii? Are you growing them with the other plants or just grouping the plants?

Nice Hamata, by the way.

they all grow in the same environment. never had a problem with highland or a lowland yet, so it must be the perfect conditions for the plants or, the lowest standard for each. lol.

Your plants will grow in the same environment only for a while (couple of months to a year, depending on the plant) before they start to suffer. However, I don't recommend you wait. You really want to invest some time into creating two different habitats.
For example, I have one of Tony's hamatas. It grew really well over the winter and spring....but slowed down with the heat of summer. Now it's on fire again with the cool weather.

i could simply use ice packs around the pots to induce coldness on that plant only.

Yeah, that's what I used to do until I got too lazy to do so, actually the ice packs worked pretty darn good. I would just try to get another growth chamber like schloaty said.

Back