What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.madagascarensis died:(

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Oh,darn that N.madagascarensis seedling Dave sent me died:( I think it was just too small(only 3 months old) oh well maybe I`ll have success with this species in the future.
smile.gif

ARG! Buzz kill!
smile_h_32.gif
Well, I have three more (for now, lol), so if they all make it for a little while longer (like a year, I guess!).......

Don't worry Pond Boy, you will make a great father... some day...
smile_n_32.gif

I used to see TC plants (Lil Shop of Horrors) that will labled as this. I did not do well with them, and Andreas Wistuba lists the species as difficult on his site.
What's your opinion, Sensai Schloaty?

Cheers,

Joe

N. madagascariensis is a true blue lowland plant. Grow it is an intermediate or highland, you might as well throw it in the freezer!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What's your opinion, Sensai Schloaty?

LOL! Well, to answer your question: I don't know yet. The seedlings I have are only a few months old. They are in a lowland environment...It doesn't get below 70 (usually not even below 75) at night, and is usually a goodly amound over 80 durring the day. I could throw them in the ULTRA lowland terrarium, but I want to see if I can get them to continue to grow and acclimate to the lower humidity in the grow room.

And now, go learn to spell, Sensei.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Oct. 19 2004,5:31)]N. madagascariensis is a true blue lowland plant. Grow it is an intermediate or highland, you might as well throw it in the freezer!
I was growing it as lowland. 85*f days 75*f nights.

Back