What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey,

Your plants are beautiful.
I really like the N. bicalcarata of yours

Bye,

Anthony

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 20 2004,1:08)]
nice terrarium.
i like the mix of CP and nonCP
hope mine turns out as good as yours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do you know where i can get seeds?
i found some mimosa seeds on ebay.
i think i still have them, got them not long ago.
ofcourse my husband stuffs things eveywhere, so I'll see if I can find them.

Mimosa grows wild in one of the fields we own in the Dominican Republic. They are EVERYWHERE, the thorns hurt like he!! The common name is "morir vivir" which plainly means live, die.

mimosa grows here, but they are huge trees....

Beautiful terrarium and plants.
smile.gif
Good job!

Your fern is a rabbit's foot fern...Polypodium aureum. A member of the "foot ferns"...rabbit's foot, hare's foot, squirrel's foot, etc.

I used to have one of those only it was labeled hare's foot. I also had rabbit's foot ferns with more finely divided fronds...Davallia.

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week037.shtml

I love ferns.
smile.gif

It's not a BE-99, that's a more standard squat form, very nice coloration!

Thanks for your answers, folks!

Tony, the VHO tubes are almost the same as the ATI T5 tubes? The ATI T5 tubes are much thinner than normal tubes (38 mm), is that the case at the VHOs, too? The owner of ATI told me that the effect of the 3x54W tubes is like a 400W metal halide lamp, but this is difficult to believe.

The BE-99 clone is described as 'giant' form. For sure my plant isn't that giant form but a normal one.

Thanks for identifing my fern. I like ferns, too because of the rhizome which can easily be placed in a root or something else. Ferns are wonderful plants!

wow,

i've seen those pictures on a personal site. it must be yours. i really enjoy your site, if you ever want graphics made for it, just give me a shout.

nice plants.

Max the VHO tubes here in the US are not any different than normal tubes. T12 if I recall. This doesn't mean you can't get HO or VHO tubes in thinner forms such as T8 or T5 though.

It could be that your 3 tubes are putting out as much light as a single 400w MH, although I doubt it as well since MH and Fluorescent are roughly equal in lumens/watt. The wattage is simply a measure of power the bulbs consume. To really compare you would need to add up the lumens which measures the amount of light output. I wouldn't worry about it anyway if your happy with the health and growth of the plants.
Tony

Back