What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics for Flipside  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

N. albomarginata purple/black Been dreary all year so color is kinda lacking..
flip1.jpg

N. albomarginata rubra. Interesting the color difference. Top half of the pitcher was above the leaves while the bottom half was down below them. You can see the color of the leaf too across the top vs the normal green of the other N. albomarginata
flip2.jpg

N. longifolia red clone from Malesiana. 3" pitcher so still a baby
flip3.jpg

N. rafflesiana var. nivea.
flip4.jpg

N. adnata
flip5.jpg

The lower 2 are a little dark as the weather is dreary here again and they are in my heated grow chamber while the other 3 are out in the main greenhouse where the light is a little brighter today.

Tony

Nice! Diggin' the longifolia. Really nice color!

Yeah I second that.
Pink leaves? Will it keep that when mature?

sure will, phyrex. alot of neps have pink/red/orange leaves in good light

that adnata is AWESOME.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Amazing. Stuff like that makes me wish I didn't have to go...
smile_h_32.gif

wow, how kind!! ! !

I love all those photos and that red alobo looks just as nice as the one you sent me.
That longifolia is very nice, I've been contemplating buying that one for along time.
Also Tony, that N. albomarginata purple/black is still stunning. I hardly ever see those.
that adnata is whats making me drool. Can't wait to eventually get one or two or three.

Is that form of raff, as it matures more prodominatly green with a red peristome? thats very interesting.

Tony, you know someday you're going to have to post piocs of those rowanae cuttings you have chambered up... =wink= =wink

its nice to see a lowland pic thread... seeing as they're not as popular.....

I`m realy likeing that N. albomarginata rubra,but that adnata is real neat too.

Hi Tony
Nice looking plants.I have Albo rubra and the spotted forms but alas not the black form which looks very nice.
As David said the Longifolia is lovely and is it true that it is cool with a shady aspect??

Bye for now Julian

Flipside - the N. raff. stays pretty much as you see it as it gets older. Purple around the peristome teeth.

Julian - the N. longifolia is out with the other plants. It's not minding the light although I don't grow them under blazing sun either. It doesn't appear to need lots of shade like N. northiana in my opinion. It would also prefer more steady lowland conditions but once they get established it makes it ok through the Winter but it just sort of sits there till it warms up again. So I would class it as lowland/intermediate.

Phyrex - The leaf color on this N. longifolia has always been that color so I guess it will remain. Normal color for the species is not this red though. I have others that are geen with just a little red along the midvein.

Tony

Back