What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campanulata x hamata

Here is a visualization tool for you guys!
Campanulata x Hamata
camham2.jpg

This is just my interpretation of the cross of course.
Hope you guys like it.
Robin
smile.gif

Oooh! I want! I want!

devil2.jpg
Photoshop 6.

I want one too Rob,
Mabey someone can put this on there to do list??
smile_m_32.gif

Glad you liked it.

Well, we have flowering N. campanulata and flowering N. hamata. Only problem is they're both boys...
smile_h_32.gif

Hmm,
Perhaps we can find some interested girls out there?
smile.gif

But this is Sri Lanka, she'd have to have a suitable dowry!

I just mailed a copy of your creation to Ch'ien Lee and told him it was a hybrid we've created.  I'll let you know what his comments are re. taxonomy  
smile_n_32.gif

A Dowry...Doh! I failed to see that one coming.

HA! I'll be interested to hear what he has to say!  I'm in trouble if Ch'ien wants to pick it apart though
confused.gif
 It will crumble like a deck of cards under his scrutiny.
This is basically my idealized version of the cross, and an upper pitcher at that.. and I took certain artistic liberties... heheh

I think it's really very good. Only thing is that I doubt the coloration would be pure N. inermis and of course no peristome + N. hamata peristome may not produce something quite so vicious looking!

Are you a professional graphics person?

gugin has a female in flower. (campanulata )

And he's in Singapore. But I doubt he'll ask for dowry.
smile_m_32.gif

I really doubt it will look like that either(based on N. x predator, though it is still quite young), but it's worth a try. If we can get you Gugin's pollen........

Cheers,

Joe

i'm sending him campanulata pollen, so if you want i can send your hamata to him while i'm at it.

Robin:

Beautiful work and enviable creativity!

Perhaps if you added N. edwardsiana to your digital gene pool...?

Kudos,

SJ

Looks like I have got a few wheels turning here. Good!
I agree with you Rob, and thankyou for the compliment. The teeth would be a third that size if we are lucky, and the pitcher would have a more hamata shape, as well as some diminshed wing vestiges. Proffesional? Well I have a degree in computer graphics, but I have yet to make any $ with it heheh!

I liked the idea of the pale green upper hamata, and the small delicate green campanulata.  I want to do hamata x inermis too... among others I can't get my hands on.
So! Until I see a real one I say this is what they will look like  
smile_n_32.gif

By the way, if anyone does make this cross, can you save me a seed?
Thanks! Robin
smilie4.gif

lets make on of these hybrids!
smile_n_32.gif
i would cost so much money.

Wow Robin! That looks very neet! You are very good I can hardly get microsoft paint to gve me anything other then resizeing! So you must have some serious talent\neat program.

Back