What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I germinated neps!

Hey they finnaly sprouted! So far 1 in 1 tray and 2 in another! And I got those superba x (spathulata x maxima) seeds from Jeremiah and showed them.

How should I treat the seedlings? Should I ventilate them?(there trays are in ziplock bags).

I`m totally exstatic(sp)!
smile.gif

Cool, my ventriso red x green germinated a while ago. they are around a half inch in size now.
smile_n_32.gif

Please I need help! How do I care for them now? Do I unzip the ziplock baggy?
Btw. there are 4 seedlings now:)

Noah,

I'll asuume these are the seeds you got from Steve?  If so then you've seen the post that Juan-Carlos started.  I suspect all the info you need is there:

Germinating Nepenthes

Aaron.

Yes I got them from Steve thanks for the link....I have 14 sprouts now 7 in each tray:)

i have about 30! (yikes) I just stuck em in my lowland tank. I wasn't expect such good germination results.

How long will it be before they are even produce pitchers big enough for ants?

Not sure, I'd like to know also. I'd estimate about 6 months maybe?

I don`t know but they usualy grow pitchers without leaves the first few.

i got som superba also, i put them w/o ziplock bag pond boy, cuz my chamber is over 90%humidity, how long did urs take to germ? got any pix?

Congratulations!

I still have one more week to go until there are any signs of a baby plant.
Crossed fingers!

C

Azn they took around 1 month for me:) Sorry no pics yet...

Back