What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuttings how long?

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I took some cuttings of my N. ventrata back on July 23. They have all rooted. I have 1 that has started to grow leaves from the node. 2 others that the node has slightly swelled. The last 2 I have seem to just be hanging out doing nothing.
The mother plants node swelled and growing about its forth leaf now after being cut.
It seems the cuttings are just taken forever to get going. I have only made 1 other cutting from this plant a year ago which was the growing point. It seemed like it took no time at all for the plant to start putting out new leaves.
I'm sure it depends on species, but how long does it usually take for a stem cutting to start growing?

Assuming it is a viable cutting (i.e. at least one of the nodes is viable), the cutting will start growing once its roots has grown sufficiently for it to start to put effort into growing leaves. It will also depend on the species.

Back