What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with n.ventricosa seedlings.

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Ok,the N.ventricosa redxgreen seed I got from Steve have sprouted and I have 7 seedlings each in 2 drained trays of lfs in ziplock bags. They are at the end of a twin tube shoplight fixture and are 2in. below the bulbs. What should I do now? Shoul I puncture the bag?,or unzip it some to allow air circulation?

Thank-you,
Noah.

I think puncturing the bag one hole at a time would be acclimating very carefully and okay....
Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Joe

I use little plastic boxes but I have had good acclimating of plants with 1 needle hole every 3rd day. You must remember a needle hole in such a small area is like a window in a house, it is very capable of moving air throughout. I think acclimation is where most seed growing fails.

Joe

Heck, when my seeds germinated in their partially (80%) covered tray, I just made them 50% covered for a few days, then 30% covered, now they're uncovered. Took me about 8 or 10 days to go through the motions. I have dozens of seedlings growing like mad....and that's AFTER giving several away...

i'm not really familliar with seedlings, but i can keep them alive if you give them all to me... he he he.

No way NM(There mine! Mine,mine,mine*sings in head the SHeDAISY song "Mine All Mine"*):p Thanks for the suggestions:)

Back