What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp & mirabilis germination

FINALLY!

Over the last 3 days I've had the first few seeds germinate!

They are N. ampullaria 'spotted’ and N. mirabilis 'green'.

They were both planted 05/10/2004 so it has been 28 days for the first sighting of a Mirabilis, and 31 days to the first sighting of an Ampullaria.

You can see the setup I used here: Nep Propagation Setup

Only change was that for the last 2 weeks I stopped dropping the night temps, figuring it was better to keep the seeds at the max temp until germination.  Then as they grow & strengthen, to slowly adjust them to the more usual lowland temp range.

Will post pics once they look a bit more descript from every other few day-old Nep seedling
smile_m_32.gif

Aaron.

very cool. i wish i had more luck....................................

Congrats! Welcome to the joint of succesful Nep germinators:) I hope we can pass the test of keeping them going though:O

I wish my neps were old enough to flower... If they were large enough, i think i could do it pretty well though.

Well done Aaron,

my mirabilis, amp and gracilis seeds germinated also and alot more on its way!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They were both planted 05/10/2004 so it has been 28 days for the first sighting of a Mirabilis, and 31 days to the first sighting of an Ampullaria.

Wow. Your math through me for a loop, there, for a moment....In the states, the date you wrote would be May 10th, not October 5th....

Sorry mate.

I usually adapt how I write it if both the day and month are 12 or less to save any confusion, but forgot this time around.

Aaron.

Hmmm.....I`m an American(Duh!) And I wrote for my seed sown 9/27/04 so I guess I used the wrong way for Americans??? Anyways it works for me....I understand it(Trying to get the metric system down but thats hard Lol. even though it`s all an easy system involving decimal points. It`s because I`m so used to the english system,Btw. I`m doing chemistry for science this year so I need to have the metric system nailed Lol.):;):

Back