What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dummies anonymous

My story of plant carnage is the one where I planted a whole mini-bog, and couldn't figure out why the plants languished and deteriorated. It wasn't until MUCH later that I found that the peat moss I used for the bog was the dreaded "Miracle Gro"-infused peat moss. I didn't even know such a thing existed! Fortunately, I only lost a couple plants, and my S. oreophila survived.

Capslock

I have been the dummy once or twice myself. Killed my first bical when I went away on vaca and it dried out (dumb dumb dumb....put the darn lid on the tank TIGHT for vaca, Dave). Beleive it or not, I managed to kill a gracilis by forgetting to water, too. A GRACILIS for Pete's sake!

I just plain stink with utrics...only seem to be able to keep livida and subulata (sp?).

Glad your Oreo survived man! (Hey that's pretty cool Oreophila, Oreo)

That was two winters ago. Here it is waking up this spring in a proper soil mix:
S_oreophila.sized.jpg

Capslock

whoa, nice pic, the only thing of oreo i have is a oreo seedling, and a dormant oreo x (flava x purpurea) cross of course i have seeds, but only crosses

Nice Oreo man. I wish i had one, it would probably cost a fortune though.

Back