What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rather than repost the pictures again. here are the old photos in 2003 and following this will be a post on the pitchers until recent for some of the below plants

Here are a few quick snapshots of pitchers. These are mainly hybrids. More photos to come.
smile.gif

N.lowii x truncata
lowii_x_truncata.jpg

--------------------------------

N.maxima (dark) x spectabilis
maxima_dark_x_spectabilis_open.jpg

N.maxima x aristolochioides
maxima_x_aristolochioides.jpg

N.eymae x veitchii
eymae_x_veitchii.jpg

N.maxima x ventricosa (lower pitchers)
maxima_x_ventricosa_lowers.jpg

N.maxima x ventricosa (upper pitchers)
maxima_x_ventricosa_uppers.jpg

N.stenophylla x truncata
stenophylla_x_truncata.jpg

N.ventricosa x aristolochioides
ventricosa_x_aristolochioides.jpg

hope you liked them,
C

I like the N.lowii x truncata But they are all nice:)

I like the N.ventricosa x aristolochioides. I wish I knew where to get one.

I love the first two pictures.
The N.maxima x aristolochioides however looks kinda... well... weird in my opinion.
smile.gif

Good photo's keep it up.

Hi Madaboutcp's:

Nice pictures!. I love the Maxima X spectabilis, the maxima X aristolochioides, and the lowii X truncata: are all these Exotica plants plants?. I know Geoff makes at least 3 of these. If he makes the rest, he sure has a lot more secret neps stashed up somewhere in his greenhouses!

Gus

pond boy and electric carnivores:
Thanks. That's the third and larger pitcher I grew on this hybrid. The pitcher is quite hairy and has a great color contrast. All the photos are from pitchers I've grown.

-------------

CNCreefer: Geoff is going great with the aristolochioides hybrids. I think he finally got a lowii x aristolochioides which looks amazing and weird. The opening almost looks like a lamprey that's taken its meal for the day.

----------------------

Phyrex:

thanks mate. Will try and post more photos soon. The maxima x aristolochioides....yes looks weird. But these plants are weird to start with. Hehehe.
smile.gif

-------------

Gus:

At least 6 are from geoff. Can you pick which ones?

C

Very nice Sir  
smile.gif

I really like the N.maxima (dark) x spectabilis.

thank you rlhirst,

The coloration for the hybrid is well suited. I rather like the contrast of the green on maroon peristome. When I got it, it had 2 pitchers. Now it has 5 pitchers.

C

I am re-opening this photo topic as I have some new photos in the following Post portraying the changes of pitcher development in some of the above plants.

Yes the Maxima "dark" x Spactabilis does it for sure.Its amazing how a plant with colourfull lowers can have the colours look as if they,have been wtered down on its upppers which seems to be the norn for neps.Does anybody know why this is?
Bye for now Julian

chesara,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its amazing how a plant with colourfull lowers can have the colours look as if they,have been wtered down on its upppers which seems to be the norn for neps.

I don't understand what you mean by the above, are you referring to the dominant and recessive traits?

C

just wondered why nep uppers are usually not as colourfull as lowers?
Cheers julian

Back