What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go folks. The last images you'll see from me for this year and in the next couple weeks it is time for the annual night of machete weilding madness before starting next years trade/sell cutting crops-some killer stuff coming your way next year more info on that closer to sping though.

Lets do this methodically; Lowland chamber then some chosen inhabitants:
lowland1.jpg

N. campanulata in a 4" seedling pot it's full grown according to the books. Great terrrarium subject - careful feeding this one!
campanulata8.jpg

N. insignis. The lack of color is made up by this one having a rediculous pitcher/leaf ratio. leaves 2.5 cm pitchers 9-10 cm!  Bizzare!
insignis4.jpg

some intermediate/uppers of N. ampullaria x gracillis spotted-I need some vinegar for that glass!
trichocarpa4.jpg

This Giant N. rafflesiana (clone BE99) pitcher is about 20 cm as the last few have been. The plant is nearly 1 meter in diameter in a 6" azalea pot. A bigger pot will prob'ly get me those human torso sized pitchers in Robs famous photo that I sleep with under my pillow!
giantraff8.jpg

some intermediates next...

The intermediate chamber and some chosen ones:
intermediate1.jpg

N. eustachya, the "sumatran alata" a very good grower as an intermediate. a bit hard to grow in my ultra lowland chamber but does very nice in slightly cooler temps.
eustachya4.jpg

N. Miranda basal shoot pitcher. This is only a pitcher from leaf #4 or 5 from the basal shoot of my gigantic Miranda (flowered 4 times this year)!
miranda6.jpg

At the other end of the miranda is the uppers which this is the last "pretty one" the true uppers are yawn...
miranda7.jpg

N. sanguinea "orange" pitcher get quite dull at the top as well, even under 400W of metal halide!
sanguineaorange4.jpg

N. sanguinea "red" never makes bigger pitchers than this (8-10 cm), I think it wants colder temps than in my intermediate, it's one of Robs as well. did make plenty of basal shoots and grow easy enough though
sanguineared2.jpg

and now the highlanders...

Very nice pictures Swords. I don't see too many pics of eustachya, so i guess that's why i was drawn to that first.

The highland chamber and some chosen inhabitants
highland1.jpg

N. aristolochioides shot up to about 75 cm in height, the pitchers couldn't keep up with this now very vigorous climber! This pitcher is 3" and about 6 leaves down from the top
aristolochioides3.jpg

Here's a very upper pitcher from the female N. aristolochioides x thorelii about 12 cm high
aristoxthor7.jpg

N. inermis basal shoot pitchers getting close to making uppers after only a few leaves!
inermis1.jpg

N. ramispina intermediate/upper, no frills! Some basal shoots also emerged recently
ramispina2.jpg

New N. rajah pitcher 14 cm, plant in big need of new pot/chamber 3 foot rajah in 10" pot!
rajah1.jpg

New pitcher from N. macfarlanei about 7 cm
macfarlanei4.jpg

next highland #2...

Whoa, I'd forgotten I had an N. burbidgeae til I saw this 7 cm pitcher poking out:
burb1.jpg

The strange little N. sp. "Doorman's Top #2" makes very long whip like tendrils which curl back upon itself and at the ends make these furry little brown pitchers about 6-7 cm high
doormanstop8.jpg

The whole plant of N. fusca x veitchii (striped) is covered in in hairs. this plant is 45 cm in a 4" pot with 4" pitchers
fuscaxveitchii4.jpg

The diminutive N. talangensis, not full grown of course, pitchers about 2 cm
talangensis1.jpg

This guy got froze in transit last winter but now has recoverd nicely and produced this 7 cm pitcher
lowiixvent1.jpg

The highland red form of N. reinwardtiana from wistuba has some very nice eyespots on this 10 cm pitcher:
reinwardtiana1.jpg

Not so exciting yet is the lower pitchers of N. eymae. I'm waiting on those funky uppers!
eymae1.jpg

hope you dig em!

Great stuff as always swords! Man, your aristo x thorelli is a lot different than mine! Obviously the same hybrid, but mine seems to favor the thorelli just a little bit more, and is a bit darker (yes, I'm talking uppers!). Mine just made a fat basal shoot, too, which is good because I'll have to cut it back soon.

Doormans Top #2 is pretty cool too. And the hillariously large raff! Great stuff! Looking forward to the cutting trading season ahead!

Capslock

I know I did! Absolutely great swords!

Awesome plants Swords!
Especially the Rajah. I see you have it in a basket with a lot of holes.. Do you notice any growth increasement? And do you have other plants also in such a pot?

Great pics Josh! Plants look like they have grown like gangbusters. Fear the machete! Now where are you going to put all the cuttings?
confused.gif
hehe

Tony

Oh man. Just the kind of stuff I don't need to see. That's the stuff that makes me wish I'd never sold them. But I had to do it. I was almost out of money between plants and fishing. But wait then there's all the guitar stuff. Man I was in over my head, but looking back I loved it! Keep showing them and I can pretend I am growing them all.
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Hi Josh
Fantastic looking plants as always
smile.gif
You dont need to cut you need to get a aircraft hanger to put them in
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now julian

I love that rajah man. I can't wait until mine gets that large
smile.gif
I also like the ramispina. Uh, what is the one that you said froze in tranzit?
Say, uh, if you run out of room, i have plenty of room in my greenhouses.
smile_m_32.gif

quite a collection u got there, Josh. Your plants look amazing
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Your photos are pure inspiration Swords! I wish my apartment wasn't so small
smile.gif

Josh:

Congrats on very well-grown plants. Do I detect an Amorphophallus sp. poking its head into the lower portion of your lowland chamber pic?

Brgds/Jay

Josh,

Great post. If you have answered this question already, let me know.

I am wondering how you control your temps in each of your grow chambers?

Looks like you have a nice clean compact setup.

Thanks
Glenn

Man, Nep G., as always, superb!

You had me absolutely SALIVATING when you said you were going to hack for trades....then I saw NEXT YEAR! Oh, the torture!

I really dig that aristolochioides! 3"? Wow. Mine are still just barely over 1". Might have been doing better if the cat hadn't bitten off the grow tip a few months back. I'm only now getting the first bud to swell after the attack.

Back