What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New neps!

schloaty

Staff member
SCHWING!
Just arrived:
N. copelandii
N. macfarlenei
N. ramspina
N. stenophylla

Gonna have to re-arange that highland terrarium some...

biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Cool! Is that N.ramsipina a particularily black clone? Any pics?

I'm not certain which clone of ramspina it is...I think it's the dark one. No pitchers on this one yet (only one without).

No pics yet, they're not even out of the box! I'm still at work...and will be until 9pm!!
smile_h_32.gif

Hi David
What a nice xmas pressy
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Awesome Dave!

Good Luck with them. I lost a N. macfarlanei earlier this summer - too wet & too warm. Should do great in your highland setup. I replaced mine at the NECPS Show.

Later,

Bill

Hey Bill,

You lost it? eek. I had a "macfarlenei" at the show, if you recall, but I really don't think it was pure...more like a hybrid with sanguinea or ramspina (or something else that grows near it). The pitchers are just too tall and thin to be pure mac....

Congrats on the new plants, Dave.

Have a fun time growing them.
smile_n_32.gif

Oooh, macfarlanei would be great in a hanging basket.
Here's why:
N_macfarlanei_1103_B.jpg

(Thanks Mr. Danz)
I've had one for a while, they are very colorful and pretty. I don't have it at a very large size, so i can't say anything about that, and i haven't found to much about that on the net either.

Stenophylla is new to me too, but i can safely say they are beautiful. I've also heard that they get to a decent size, and grow kinda slowly.

Copelandii is cool, it grows at a medium pace, and is almost insectiod in color. The upper pitchers are smaller, less colorful, but still pretty.

Bongso is also new to me, but i think they get to a decent size, and are very colorful, the uppers are less colorful, but from pictures i've seen, they are still cute. I think they are also a bit slow growing.

Joachim's plant looks great! By the way, where has he been of late?

Cheers,

Joe

He must be around. He updated some of his Web pages 2 days ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Jan. 04 2005,1:43)]He must be around. He updated some of his Web pages 2 days ago.
Hi,

yes, of course I am around
smile.gif
I'm still visiting this forum about twice a day - although I'm not posting as much as in previous years. Intersting threads where I am able to add something valuable have become very scarce lately. And posting just to increase my posts-counter is still not my main focus
smile_m_32.gif

Joachim

Back