What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. 'gentle' (i think...)

Hello ladies and gents, boys and girls

I went to the shopping centre/mall here in Milton Keynes, UK (apparently, the biggest in Europe) this afternoon to buy office goods and new clothes. Now, I usually stay away from these places, but it had to be done.
Feeling rather stressed out from the crying babies, the crowd, and poseur punks eating at McDonalds, I headed towards the exit of the complex when I saw a flower stall. For some reason I kept my eyes open for CP as I walked quickly to get out, then spotted a few Neps hanging on display! The owner had N. x 'Gentle' and N. mixta avilable, and I took the former home:

445N_Gentle_resized.JPG

Two plants chilling on the shower rail...

445N_Gentle_pitcher_resized.JPG

Well I think it's N. x 'Gentle'... Newest pitcher, 8" tall.

[[Now I ask you all this: How much do you think I paid for it (in US Dollars or Pounds Sterling)? There's no prize for whoever gets it correct, but hey, a little fun don't hurt.]]

Coming to think of it, I shouldn't have done this, since PFT sells N. x 'Gentle', though I do live in the UK... I apologise if the "price guessing" was inappropriate, and please disregard it.

Cheers,

Amori

lets see..............£20?

I got one mine for $15 from the local nursery. That's my guess.

I'm going for 30 euro! ^_^

Nice healthy pitchers on it by the way.

Very nice!(go fusca go fusca go fusca hybrids!
smile_m_32.gif
)

I`m guessing you paid $25 american dollars?

Some very close estimates there! I'll wait another day then I'll post the answer.

Amori

I know one place you can get them for $15, and you are closer to the source, so...I will say $12.99 or the UK equivalent.

Joe

Well, Joe got the closest estimate. I paid £5 for the plant, which is a little over US$9.00. One must also remember that paying £5 here in the UK is like paying $5 in the states...
Not bad, considering the plant is quite large (but I bet it doesn't look half as nice as the ones PFT sells...) and healthy enough.

Cheers!

Amori

Hi Amori
All that for £5 that is good,what garden centre was that then?
Its a very common hybrid but it is a lovely looking plant the colours are fantastic,ohhh no another one to add to the collection then
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Waas PFT selling these? I remember ventrata, Miranda and coccinea....
Our internet is funny here. I can't check w/o getting a "Unauthorized Usage" warning, but I can rome the forum with no problems.

Cheers,

Joe

I was going to say $9.99 ,b ut I thought that was too low. Great buy, Amori! It seems to have at least two growth points.

Cheers,

Joe

That's a very nice looking plant, but I can't find any info on it. What are the parents of N. xGentle? Where can I find information, like highland/lowland? Thanks

Chris

Back