What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bellii vs. n. bical x amp...

Hey guys,

I'm down to just a few neps here, and out of the three i have growing i'm starting to get a little curious. Do you guys think that a N. bical x amp would grow well in the same climate as N. bellii? I'm growing three neps side by side at the moment, N. bellii, N. sanguinea orange pitchers, and N. bical x amp. The N. bellii and sanguinea are both growing well and putting out pitchers and leaves rather quickly, but the N. bical x amp seems to be taking it's time and only put out one leaf so far since I received it maybe 2 months ago now.

In your honest opinions should I give it a little more time, or attempt to trade it out for something that might grow a little better alongside the other two that I have at the moment?

my bical x amp likes it hot and humid. that said it may take awhile to settle in. mine took a few months which didnt surprise me since my speckled amp took over 6 months to settle in. i would keep it for awhile yet and see what it does. while bicals need it hot and humid some amps have proven to be quite adaptable. i would give it atleast another 2 months before yah deside to trade it off. may i ask where you got yours?

Back