What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
A little while ago a posted a picture of a pitcher that my N. hamata had just inflated.
The color of the peristome was a lite red color. Now that the pitcher has been open for a while it has colored up nicely.
Hope you enjoyed it.

133nhamatateeth1_22_05.jpg

Here's a link to the photo to see the difference if you have not seen it already.
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=15979

Love the pic! That thing is down right scary!

A beautiful photo...however, I would suggest NOT putting your finger in that pitcher.  
laugh.gif

Thanks for the comments.

The latest pitcher is a little over 4 1/2" tall.

4.5"? Nice! My little guy is only making 2 inchers right now. Can't WAIT for them to look all beefy like yours!

No doubt hamata is the royalty of "teeth/fangs" for highlanders as bical is for lowlanders.

Cheers,

Joe

That picture really is outstanding. It makes most other Hamata's look like sissies.
smile.gif

Thanks for the comments.

I have 2 new pitchers inflating now, and It makes me anxious to see what the next pitchers will look like. The pitcher pictured was around 1" taller and longer "teeth" then any of the previous pitchers that had grown on the plant so far.

I most likely have a long time to wait till I get to see fangs on my bical. It's a little over the circumference of a nickel.

Very nice clone.
smile.gif
nice job.
Looks like he's a bullet proof too!

Back