What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursday pics!

• Thread starter rlhirst
  • Start date
preador1.jpg

realmac.jpg

lowii-x-ventricosa3.jpg

lowii-x-ventricosa.jpg

mac03.jpg

mac01.jpg

Every one of them is a winner. Nice growing Robin!!!

Capslock

Man...they're both..awesome..so..awesome. What's the top one called? It's so beautiful. It's all...purple and blue...so..pretty...wow now I understand why bugs are drawn in by it. 4,000 wows for you man...

My my my!! Absolutely a great way to start the day! Great pics! And great growing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What's the top one called? It's so beautiful. It's all...purple and blue...so..pretty...

Is it ever! I think that's N. x 'Predator'.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Beautiful! Nice cross section of different Neps-good pics.

(That second to the last pitcher looks a lot like a Victorian hybrid-hard to tell which one from the angle-what is it?)

Some smashing plants there Robin
smile.gif

Is the shots of the lowii-x-ventricosa with and without flash?
Are you also growing the lowii x truncata as well?

Nice subtle carunculata pitcher, showing that Neps don't need to have bells & whistles to be beautiful
smile_m_32.gif

Keep them coming!!

cheers

bill

Robin,  FANTASTIC pictures!  WONDERFUL plants...

but <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BONK!!!</span>  For not including the plant names.
smile_m_32.gif

Is that lowii x meulenensis (sp?  Bet that is atrociously off)?

My goodness! Those plants look amazing!

Wow...beautiful plants! I'll second that BONK though...we need ID's for those of us who are not nepexperts. A few I think I recognize.

Lovely!

I'll chime in here, too, Robin. Beautiful pichers of yer pitchers.

Jay

Hi Robin
Some fantastic looking plants there,really nice photos as well.The spagnum is looking nice and healthy to
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Feb. 04 2005,6:55)]but BONK!!! For not including the plant names.
schloaty & PAK: A good hint about the plant name is found in the image file name.

I di not see the file names..which one is caranculata? I saw the macrophylla and the top one is a definite N. 'Predator'. There are some raffs in there and campanulata.
All spectacular, BTW.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]schloaty & PAK: A good hint about the plant name is found in the image file name.
smile_n_32.gif
and BONK to you, too. How DARE you question my bonks??
mad.gif

We lazy people don't have to have to right click and select properties! We want to be spoon-fed!
smile_m_32.gif

I will take a stab at them.. consider it like a game!!
N. Predator
N. macrophylla
N. lowii x ventricosa
same
2 N. macrophylla
N. campanulata
2 N. rafflesiana
N. macrophylla
N. Predator

did I win?? hehe

Oops! Sorry about the names guys, and gals. Thanks for all the compliments. Tony nailed 'em all!
All I can add, is the second raff is supposedly "giant".
Yeah Bill, I thought It looked good with a flash, but to be fair I had to put one in withought the flash. I hope it keeps that deep purple color as it matures.
Trent, If you mean the macrophylla, I was not sure about it myself, ( I think it has too many teeth) but several people here including Tony, and Jeff (neps) said it was the real thing so I'll take they're word for it.

The sphagnum moss is really movin now. I believe it means I'm doing something right. I think it may be trying to take over!  
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks again,
Robin
smile.gif

Hi Robin,
Doh!!!
I was looking at the raff gigantea and thought it might be a hybrid. Which clone of raff gigantea is that (from seed?)? Is it one of BE's clones?

Love seeing the highland plants - we can't grow them and it's always a treat to see well grown specimens.

Back