What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirabilis 'pink thailand'

What subspecies is this plant. I just recieved one but do not know anything about it. Is it highland, lowland or what? Is this the correct name? It came from Lee's BG. Can anyone tell me about it?

Can you post a picture of this N. mirabilis "pink thailand"?

It sounds beautiful
smile.gif

If it is a form of mirabilis from Thailand, then it would be a lowland plant, as mirabilis is almost universally a lowland species. However, there is considerable confusion surrounding the taxonomy of Thai species (well, Indochina in general), so some caution should be exercised. Mirabilis is pretty easy to identify however.

Hamish

No picture yet. Any one else have one?
Thanks
Tre

I bet Bruce can, lol.
I bet it looks like this , but maybe more pink?

http://www.sunbelleexotics.com/Sunbelle/Photo_neps_mirabilis.htm

can't wait to see some picks, miriblis is one of my fav neps. I like them all. I'm thinking of getting the winged variety...

Hi Everyone,
It's a true lowlander, and true mirabilis. If you grow it bright, you get more intense coloration. Our Thai mirabilis grow in one of the hottest parts of the greenhouse(the south eastern corner)and love every second of it.

Joe, thanks for the photo referral
smile.gif

Actually, that might be Bruce's clone-there are several that he and Clyde brought in years ago. That photo is a perfect example of a shade-grown pink Thai mirabilis. It's on a ground shoot hanging on the north side of the pot-and thus not as intensly pink because its in the shadow.

T & M

Trent,

No problem. I knew you guys used to hang around a lot in "The Day", and I actually suspected it may have come from him(or Clyde).

Cheers,

Joe

do you have a picture of this plant? I really like mirabilis...

Jess,
You can see photos of mirabilis on the web address that Joe Griffin posted above.

Yea I saw those but I didn't see any that were labled "pink"

Back