What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which of your neps is the fastest and slowest?

I was just staring at plants and was comparing in my mind the different groth stages they are at in regards to thier picther inflation.

My fastest picthering plant is by far my campanulata and the slowest is my merrilliana. Although my merril does have the largest pitchers to inflate.

So which of your neps is the fastest and which is the slowest.

If you can do a fastest and slowest of your lowlands and of the highlands.

I would have to say my fastest growing nepenthes is... Hamata out of the highlanders Inermis is pretty fast for me as well. Slowest by far would be villosa!

D r e w M c c l a i n

My slowest is N. macrophylla which is even slower than my N. villosa.

My fastest is the N. khasiana x ventricosa. In it's younger days it pushed open the 1/4 thick glass lid on my terrarium. It's now in a much larger terrarium and I hack it back frequently. It entwines and blocks out the light from the other neps in there. Once it did a freaky thing where it inflated a pitcher inside another pitcher.

My fasteest is my coccinana hybrid, seconded by my alata. My slowest would have to be ampularia seconded by lowii

Hi
smile.gif

Highlands
fastest: Nepenthes hamata
slowest: Nepenthes veitchii
Lowlands
fastest: Nepenthes mirabilis
slowest: Nepenthes truncata

All the plants are not in a greenhouse, they are on windowsill during winter, and outdoors in summer

rajah

highlands: fastest: Arisotlochioides
slowest: Villosa
Lowlands: fastest Rafflesiana
slowest: Ampularia x Bicalcarata

Highland:
Fastest- hamata
Slowest - lowii

Lowland-
Fastest: bicalcarata
Slowest: truncata is pretty slow, but it makes great strides with each new leaf.

My slowest highlander would probably be my N. rajah. N. ventricosa x talangensis is pretty slow, but it tends to inflate a lot of pitchers at the same time. My N.spectabilis x spathulata is probably the fastest higland nep. Of the lowland/intermediate neps, the fastest is N. ventricosa x truncata and the slowest are N. northiana and N. veitchii.

my ampularia is really slow as well, sometimes taking one full month to inflate one picther.

fastest hl:bongso
slowest hl: lowii

fastest ll: ampullaria
slowest ll: bicalcarata

strange my bical is faster then my ampularia.... must be environment related.

Back