What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...... is finally inflating its first couple of pitchers for me. i purchased it back in October from Tony and it has put on a couple new leaves but has had no intentions of producing new pitchers till recently. one in the tank and one outside the tank. the bongso is sitting in a slightly to small 5.5 gal aquarium with a couple other highlands and my decent sized U. reniformis pot(which one of the new bongso pitchers has been hiding beside). since the tank is slightly to small and the lights are sitting about 3 inches from the top of the tank the newest and largest leaf stretched over the rim and its tendril and one currently inflating pitcher are between the 5.5 and a nieghboring 10 gal tank which will have to be slid over so the pitcher will have room. i must have fairly dry air in my house but it doesnt seem to affect the development of this pitcher, maybe because the actuall plant is in higher humidity?

other discoveries on my lunch break were:

new pitchers inflating on my lil sibuyanensis though they still look juvenile are quite colorful.

my macfarlanei is producing its first new pitcher since i recieved it also.

my vietchii is producing its first pitcher, looks about as fuzzy as a teddy bear

and my 'Ile de France' has a nice colorful pitcher just opening. i didnt even realize it was making one.

i should have some pics for you guys and gals tomorrow night

Hmm. It's taking it that long to start? I bought a bonso right around christmas from tony, and the first pitchers is well on it's way to opening.

just guessing it took longer to settle in. most of my Neps seem to take longer to settle in than other species i grow. dont know why, they just seen to. with the exception of N. sibuyanensis, it never missed a beat and i was told to expect it to take awhile.

I guess each nep is different. They may have been different sizes upon arrival too. Mine was about 8".

Back