What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free seed

Greetings all,

I have an absolute tonne of N. ventricosa seed (the female parent is the type variety and the father was bubblegum pink/red) I've been trying to get rid of before I compost it. I was only going to send seed to Australian addresses, but even having sent quite a bit off, I still have heaps.

So what I was thinking of was to send one heap of seed to a volunteer in each of the UK and the US, who would then divide it up and send some on to others in their country/continent.

Is there any trustworthy volunteers in the UK and the US who would be willing to do this?? The volunteer may get self-addressed stamped envelopes from persons who want some of the seed, but must not charge anyone for the seed itself.

Cheers,

Hamish

Hi Hamish

Just wondering if you'd like to extend your offer to South Africa as well. It's virtually impossible to get hold of any Neps here, let alone the seeds. Your seeds would be most welcome and i'm more than willing to share these with other enthusiasts as well.

Awaiting your favourable reply.

Regards

Ja broe, I think I can manage that one
smile_m_32.gif

lol South Africa will be full of ventricosas, i wonder if Johan got any of his seed from the give away awhile back?

Hey Hamish,
We would be happy to give it a try. Even in our lowland conditions, ventricosa does okay. Now is the perfect time to sow, we are moving into spring and the nights are still cool. We'll PM you. Thanks for the generous offer!
T & M

Hi Hamish

Would you extend your offer to Singapore?
We have about 10 CPers in Singapore, I am willing to be that
volunteer.
If so please PM me.

Cheers

JK

Hi Hamish
Id be up for the Uk connection if there is any left?
Bye for now julian

OK all, seed has been sent to Sweden, USA, Singapore, South Africa and is about to be sent to the UK. Once the recipients get the seed, I would expect them to post a message on here to invite people to get some. So stay tuned.

Hamish

Thanks for the future seed

Thank You Hamish!

The seed arrived today. If anyone within the Scandinavian countries wants some of the seed, please contact me.

/Smed

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to Hamish, we have some ventricosa seed here in the USA. If anyone would like some, please PM us. First come, first serve.

smile.gif

Trent - PMed you. Hamish - thanks for sharing!
~Joe

Hi Everybody,
Looks like Hamish's seed is being well distributed. Everyone who has PMd us so far will get seed, but we have no more left.
Hamish, keep those ventricosas flowering! Thanks

Sigh...
I tried to respond yesterday, but for some unexplained reason, I can't do any Terraforums stuff from home:eek:nly works at work(which I only do on breaks like right now for obviousl reasons).
confused.gif

Hope everyone has good luck with the seed.

Cheers,

Joe

Given the huge demand, and also due to the fact that I've managed to scrape more seed out of the second seed head than I expected, I'll be sending another shipment to Trent to divvy up. So those of you who missed out might yet be in luck.

Hamish

Thank You Hamish!

The seeds arrived today.
Will start a post for distribution for Singaporean at the Foreign Carnivorous Plant Resources

Thanks again

Hamish,

You are da Man! Nice of you to take the time to do this for a lot of people who do not have the chance to see mulitple , flowering Nepenthes in their own collection and act accordingly.

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks to SydneyNeps I have some Nep seeds to share with South African enthusiasts. You're most welcome to contact me for some.

Cheers

Who,s the English connection as id like to ask for a seed or two please
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Back