What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata

IMG_0122.jpg

got this little guy, it was almost dead. I have had it on the window sill for a couple of months, with some good light and good water, this guy has made a full recovery. It is growing like crazy with 65 degree nights.

Wow! Really nice plant. Looks like it's happy where you have it. I can't wait to see pictures of it when it becomes a monster and you have to keep the kids away, lest you loose one.

Thanks
I know truncatas are very common, but I really like them. I think they have it all. I like the way the plant is "built" the pitchers get big, and so far, it really is my easiest plant.

Beautiful plant Machete! And about truncata being common, that depends on perspective. I spent 5 months trying to find one to buy. I finally got it, but it was not commonly found.

I love yours, you have done a great job! Congratulations!!!!!

truncatas are awesome. I love how fast they grow. Mine just opened up a pitcher thats about 6 inches. The one before that, was only 3 inches. it takes big steps to say the least.

Truncatas are great. Nice save Machete! It looks like it likes the windosill pretty well. You might have a monster on your hands before too long.

Capslock

Totally sweet! I see the pitcher joins at the back. Tell me that's not an upper pitcher!

My truncata isn't my fastest grower, but the guy makes huge strides with each new leaf.

thanks everyone. It does look like an upper from where it joins, and the next pitcher is the same. I didnt think a small plant like this could make upper pitchers.

I am not good enough to say if that is an upper, but a plant that small can make uppers if it's a rooted cutting from the upper part of a vine, correct?

Cheers,

Joe

I only really like truncata's leaves. When they get big like the ones at ABG I think they are kind of ugly. Many other Neps are better looking

Nice truncata. I realy like truncatas leaves:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Feb. 21 2005,3:43)]I am not good enough to say if that is an upper, but a plant that small can make uppers if it's a rooted cutting from the upper part of a vine, correct?

Cheers,

Joe
Thats not an upper in the picture Joe. N. truncata is pretty neat when you make a cutting of it....if you have a pair of loppers on hand.
smile_m_32.gif
Anyways, if you make a cutting of the upper vine portion, it will morph back to lowers, then go to uppers again and stay there....pretty neat. Mike Catalani showed me a cutting he did of very upper stem and it was making lowers, however on the new growth, 2 uppers were opened while below them on upper leaves, lowers formed....very interesting that this is the only plant that I've heard that morphs its pitcher type so frequently.

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen!
It is time to have a look to my truncata!
She is growing fast and this trap is 12 centimeters High!
Let me know what you think.It is different from the first photo posted!
Bye!
Mr_Aga
31012_1055_12102_594776.jpg

Back