What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi
Here are some more recently opened pitchers in my neps house. Enjoy
smile.gif

talangensis%20x%20max%20lower.jpg

N. talangensis x maxima lower pitcher

talangensis%20x%20max%20upper.jpg

N. talangensis x maxima upper pitchers

sanguinea%20x%20truncata.jpg

N. sanguinea x truncata

ventricosa%20x%20inermis1.jpg

N. ventricosa x inermis

ramispina.jpg

N. ramispina

sanguinea.jpg

N. sanguinea. Recently opened yet to fully colour up.

sibuyanensis.jpg

N. sibuyanensis

villosa.jpg

N. villosa

cheers

bill

Ohh Lord! Bill these plants are amazing! Ramispina and sibuyanensis are spectacular, I can wait to se mines producing pitchers like that.

About the sanguinea, it is that an old plant? How old is it? That pitcher looks extraordinary and huge. I hope mine gets like that real soon.

Well the truth is that all of them look really good. Congratulations!!!

nice sib. cant wait till mine starts making something other than its lil baby pitchers and starts producing some more mature. very nice pictures

I wish my sib would make ANY pitcher. It's one of the few that I am having trouble with. Your plants are great, bill! I love the maxima x talagensis lowers! And your N. villosa is extremely promising.

Capslock

Very nice Bill! Wonderful coloration on the pitchers. How long have you had your N. villosa? Is it recieving true ultrahighland conditions and what is your planting media?

Regards and good work!

Dustin

Hi Bill
You are spoiling us with these photos,very nice.The sanguinea x truncata looks like its going to be a monster. Cant beat the good old Ventramis and how big is the Sanguinea?is that an upper,any photos of the whole plant?
Thanx again Bill ,Bye for now Julian

Thanks for all your positive comments
smile.gif

emilias_garden- I have had the sanguinea just over 17 months now. It was a reasonable size when I got it, but not that old. It has rapidly increased in growth.

Dustin- I have had the villosa just over 6 years now. It was a tiny quarter of an inch or less when I got it! With no green in the growth just a white or transparent colour to it! I wish now I had taken a photo of it, but figured at the time that might curse it and I would lose it the following winter.
smile_m_32.gif

Its grown in LFS with perlite and clay pellets. It grows on the floor of the Neps house which stays somewhat cooler. But I don't do anything to create a higher day/lower night time temp apart from what happens naturelly. The biggest increase in growth happened after I repotted it from its usual pot into a wide water lily container. This same type of container has increased the growth of my rajah as well.

Julian- The sanguinea is a lower pitcher. It is increasing in height now so uppers will follow soon I am sure. Will take an overall photo when it stops snowing outside!

cheers

bill

Very nice! I realy like the N. talangensis x maxima

Ah thats cool bill! Are you referring to those Water plant baskets that are basically a square net pot? If so, then it doesn't suprize me your plant has responded so positively to it, I just repotted my big N. veitchii into one, we'll see what kind of pitchers I get now!
smile.gif

Back