Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New neps from local nursery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DeRoose....why do I keep saying DeGroot, lol?

Thanks,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why anyone would want to clone this smaller plant of mine by the thousands. It's really pretty boring as far as Neps. go, unless that will change as the plant gets older. I mean the pitchers are not colorful and are pretty bland as far as construction goes. By the way, this plant was labled N. Alata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason,
    As the "tobaica - NOT" matures, the pitchers are actually very attractive. See the pic of Glenn's plant in the previous thread.
    The labels are sent with the plant from Deroose seperate - not in the pot of the plant. Your photo looks exactly like the plants as received directly out of Deroose's greenhouses. What's nice about this particular clone is the small growth habit. This plant will never get huge like a N. 'Miranda'. It's a perfect candidate for terrariums and windowsills. Also, it has a different "look" from the other Deroose clones, making it distinctive.

Joe,
    We knew what you meant. Close enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings and salutations (or just ALOHA as we say here in Hawaii)

If you got the N. Ventrata in the same shipment with that white hanging basket pot, then it is N. tobaica without a doubt. DeRoos just has N. Ventrata and Gentle in the siz inch hanging basket, and N. Miranda and Coccinea in the eight inch hanging basket. The Miranda that they sell seems to be a different clone from another in circulation.

A special note is that that N. Ventrata clone gets much redder upper pitchers as the plant gets more mature. Immature pitchers will be half green and upper slightly bronze red. As the plant starts making upper pitchers, they become very dark red, especially more so in bright light.

MM
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123