What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proud new pappa

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Well thanks to the generosity of Max (Capslock) I just became the happy daddy of a brand new baby N. hamata.

Thanks again Max.

Annnnd like any new parent I must show off the pics.. so without further ado...
N_hamata_little_freaks.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Ahaha awesome have fun with it, hamata is a fun one

Wonderful Steve! Congrats, Max's plant has nice coloration to it so you'll be very happy. My N. hamata is going bonkers with offshoots, I guess the best way to propagate it is let it vine like mad, near the base of the vine all the dormant nodes start to sprout all over.

Just make sure that red octopus above it doesn't devour it.

Man that is a little baby. I bet you can not wait till it gets its first teeth.
smile_n_32.gif

You know elgecko, thanks for bringing up that point! N. hamata one of, if not the only plant that doesn't really have polymorphic pitchers, even at a very young stage, the peristome is mostly developed complete with minute teeth! Interesting tidbit of info.

Thanks guys. well N. hamata is a plant that I have wanted ever since I first got into cp's, so this is a particular good day for me.

Elgecko, you bet
smile.gif

Dustin, I have 2 VERY small pitchers open on the offshoot I got, along with the newest leaf which the tip already looks like a miniature pitcher. Its almost like its "born" in its final shape and just has to fill out from there lol.

Cheers
Steve

wow i never seen a baby hamata that small!

Betcha can't wait until he grows up to be a big scary nep!

Wow
That is the smallest Hamata ive ever seen
smile_k_ani_32.gif
.My Shipment of neps should be with me next week and yes a Hamata is amongst it
smile.gif

Bye for now julian

Congrats
Hope it does well for u

Very nice! Is it me, or are there two seedlings there?

Good eye Dave,

The picture is actually one that Max took of his own pot a couple months ago. The plant I got is the smaller one on the left. If you look carefully, you can see that there is a 3rd pitcher behind the "red octopus" and the larger pitcher just to the right.

Steve

Congrats! I just might have to request the N.aristo x thorelii that Max is going to send me soon:):)
smile_m_32.gif

Back