What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,

Superimposed and I finally got to meet at an Orchid show in Crossroads Mall in Omaha, Saturday.
They had most of the tc Nepenthes available, including "tobaica-NOT!", Miranda, ventricosa, sanguinea, "alata-NOT!" and....some nice truncata with about 8" pitchers for $35.
I resisted most, though I did buy a sanguinea for $7. These are small multi-growth point plants, that I thought may look cool in a large pot down the road.
Most surprising thing was a large N. alata var Boschiana(mimic, I presume) for $40. So many alata variants in the world and the same one I already have, lol.
We also met with another friend of mine(Doug Bertelson) who gave us a little tour of the UNO greenhouse and the few cp that are in there.
There was a Nepenthes growing in a fountain(constant water) that was labled as "N. hybrid", but I am pretty sure it was a pure alata(possibly another Boshiana). Maybe I can get him to get a pic.

Cheers,

Joe

In a fountain? I'm very curious. Was water circulated through the growing medium or something? Did it appear to be in good health?
~Joe

Growing like into pockets in the actual fall of the water. Yes, constant flow across the plant and roots.

Some nice slipper orchids for pretty cheap too. I almost picked up a truncata myself but decided against it.

Here are some Nepenthes in a fountain in the center of Kuala Lumpur. Live Nepenthes plants are also embedded in the fountain.
nepenthesfountain1.jpg

Lol thats pretty cool looking! Was this at the omaha botanical gardens?

thats awesome, I cant wait untill me and jeremiah get to go to the Denver, and colo. springs flower show

Back