What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday pics

got a couple of good pics here to share.
Let's see..
I have two different predators. they have very different peristomes.  You can see how closely this guy resembles the hamata in the comparison pic.
predator-lowland2.jpg
predator-lowland.jpg

pred&ham.jpg

This is a picture I posted earlier, wodering about it's identity. Well now I'm sure it's a hybrid. Should be interesting to see how it turns out!
trus.jpg

Here is a picture of the hybrid on the left, and the very nice, and very definately macrophylla on the right. They don't look anything alike.
trus&mac.jpg

And a couple more of this guy I got from Tony. I'm very happy with this guy. He should grow up to be quit impressive, along the lines of Jeff Shafer's very nice plant.
macrophylla.jpg
macrophylla-2.jpg

Hope ya like 'em
That's all for now.
Robin
smile.gif

OH OH very nice!

How big is the plant/pitcher on that second N. Predator? This is the first one I have seen so far showing that much flare.

Tony

Thanks  Tony,
I'm gonna say it's about seven and a half inches tall.

here's another angle.
predator-front.jpg

PS.
Thanks for picking me out some good ones.
smile_m_32.gif

Wow..............I wish I woulda bought N. x Predator now, but it was way to expensive for my taste.

BTW< nice N. x Trusmadiensis you have along with the N. macrophylla.

Wow Robin, those are great! It's kind of cool that the Predators are not clones, so they're all a little different. I have two plants as well, and they are also different from eachother, but not as disparate as yours are. Mine look more like your larger one, though one is a bit greener. I don't have that big a flare yet on the peristome, but I have hopes for the developing pitcher. Mine also have more of the hamata hairs on the lids.

Dustin, the way these seem to grow, they should come down in cost before long!

Capslock

Robin, those are awesome pics of awesome plants!

Fantastic! Now I wish I had bought that bad boy, too.

Yah I know max. Thats kinda why I waited
smile_m_32.gif
Now if I can only get a plant with the flare of Robins.
biggrin.gif

Awesome looking neps man! What kind of moss do you use? It looks just as healthy as your neps! Also, do have a picture of your whole terrarium? I'd like to see your entire set up.

No kidding. I can't get moss to look like that to save my life.

Capslock

Thanks again guys..
I was really impressed with your predator too Capslock. They seem to have truncata's toughness. Really hardy plants.

What kind of moss do you use? It looks just as healthy as your neps! Also, do have a picture of your whole terrarium? I'd like to see your entire set up

Thanks Turner. I think its new zealand spagnum moss.
Hmm. Well I have this chamber pretty well settup.
shower1.jpg

Not much to look at from the outside. Its just a shower stall, with a storm door on the front, and glass on top.
I think the secret is having a humidistat control the sonic humidifier. Keeps the moss nice and consistantly... humid
smile_m_32.gif
 and fertilizer too. I fertilize it real good when when watering. heh. kinda hard not to!
I really like the moss too, but it can get out of control if you dont keep an eye on it.
Robin

Very cool, Robin. Thanks for posting images of your plants and
growing area.

Robin,

Excellent as usual.
How much fertilizer do you use? I assume lots of flushing in between?
Just curious.

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks Jeff, glad you liked them! Looking foreward to seeing more of yours!
Thanks Joe. Yeah, I use about 75-100 ppm of orchid fertilizer every 4th or 5th watering , so they get a pretty good flush between each fert. Of course I suggest a very open mix to prevent overwatering.

Wow
Some great photos there,the pred,s look amazing.More photos please.
Bye for now Julian

Back