What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An n.alata (?)

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
I couldn't beleive it! I was at a local specialty nursery and they had N. alata (so it said, easily ventrata). These are full grown mature flowering Neps with all having 6 or more growth points and all originals still. They are $30 so I didn't get one but they were remarkably good lookin. Looks as if they have been taken care of, they do keep the humidity high in there. All pitchers were fresh lookin, no crispies.

Amazing!
Joe

Sounds like the 'N. alata' from Deroose. Which is most deffinately N. Ventrata. They supply large numbers of full sized Nepenthes to garden centers, home centers and some CP nurseries. Fantastic operation they must have to produce such large healthy Nepenthes at the price they do.

Tony

I've been there and seen it. It is incredible.

sounds nice, trent, where is that, I know there is a comerciall retailer in Eustis, FL

They're in Apopka, Florida

I was at a little local nursery today and seen a huge N. rafflesiana (sp?) with 10 or more basal shoots all original with first shoot over 4'. $25. it was in terribly low humidity and didn't have any pitchers but the leaves looked good otherwise. Very green and healthy lookin. I didn't get it though.

Joe

Joe are you sure it was a N. rafflesiana?
What nursery had it?

Joe

Earl May. Pretty sure. Though I only had a single dried pitcher to go by.

Joe

I would go out on a limb and guess that it's one of the Deroose N. x Coccinea clones(which has N. rafflesiana in it).
There is only a limited amount of varieties in that size prouced by TC and that sounds like the best guess.
Still kind of tempting, though....
smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Back