Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Veitchii and bongso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'Day Rich!!

Didn't know you lurked in here.
    This is something we can talk about on Trus Madi or Marai Parai next month.

Cheers, Troy.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...maybe Troy should do educational photo travelogues of his trips like Fernando does for the pings. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] That was very interesting.

Always something to be learned from those lucky enough to do field work. Its a rare person who gets to trek into the jungles and see the sights you do.

You must have an amazing photo archive. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Pak

I enjoy writing and would like to do this but I have the same problem everyone else has - time!
    I have a million projects going on and to be 100% honest I don't actually have time to go goofing off to Borneo next month, expecially as this trip will be quite long. I must admit that going up Marai Parai and seeing edwardsiana and rajah, and then up Trus Madi and seeing lowii and trusmadiensis, along with all the more boring ones [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] like fusca and burbidgea (sp?) along the way, is kind of exciting.

My last trip up Trus Madi was a complete disaster, I got some awful stomach bug on the morning we left to go up. Charlie went to the top while I spent a couple of days near the bottom, making (very frequent) dashes into the jungle from my tent.

We're going to Mulu after that, all in all I will be away about a month.
    I may leave everyone after they go home and try and cross Borneo from Kinabalu, crossing back into Indonesia and returning home via the local boat from Tarakan on the east coast.
    There's a very cool little Amorphophallus in that area that I'd love to find.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You must have an amazing photo archive.
    Nah, just got a good memory.

Cheers, Troy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234